Wearever Rotor Quality? Advance Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I need some new rotors for my Civic Si to pair with my HAWK HPS pads. I can get these Wearever rotors at my Advance Auto Parts for $75 bucks for all 4 with a promo code.

My question is are these good rotors or are the HPS gonna chew right through them? I was going to go with the CENTRIC from TireRack but I would be saving over $100 and be able to get them today from Advance...

Also, I will be driving fairly aggressive since I am taking my car to the track in 2 weeks, and I drive fairly spirited daily.

It is a Honda Civic Si.

I'm happy with Centric on all four corners of our van.

Check Rock Auto before buying them from Tire Rack, and check your local auto parts (Not Auto Zone or Advanced) and check their price.

I like Centric rotors, the premiums have the center painted to help with rust, they are good quality.

I also like Wagner rotors as well, the good name brands have a thicker surface so you can get more out of them.

Last edited:
Check amazon for your rotors! Cheap and good brands.

I had hawks and cheap rotors, they wore into the rotors so far that I could put the rotor on the floor with a pad on top and spin the pad around several times without it falling off.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

I had hawks and cheap rotors, they wore into the rotors so far that I could put the rotor on the floor with a pad on top and spin the pad around several times without it falling off.

yep, amazon is awesome. I have prime so i get 2 day shipping free. I just got 2 acdelco durastop rotors (i hear same as rabestos advanced tech) for $34 each with free shipping!

I usually check rockauto and amazon, get which is cheaper. Sometimes rockuto will have something amazon doesn't tho.

I'd go with centric premium or stoptech (centric high performance). If not them, I decided on some Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors when I'd just recently done my brake job and I'm happy with them so far. My factory rotors would take nearly 30,000 miles to really warp anyways, so the jury is still out, but them being mill balanced and having coated hats and vanes really helps to control the rust aspect, especially with you living up north.

I'd probably only buy them from RockAuto or Amazon. I really have learned not to buy any Advance Auto branded parts, and most of their stuff these days is ridiculously marked up, just so they can put their huge percentage off coupons on things.

Everything shipped will be right at $300, I hope these pads and rotors hold up well. Ever since I supercharged my car the brakes have been hurting, they are still the OEM stock hardware from 70k miles ago!

The only concern now is I am reading that the Motul 600 likes to absorb water at a much higher rate with street use and needs flushed yearly? Is this true?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino

Yup! Amazon is great for this stuff, especially if you have Amazon Prime. Centric rotors and NAPA Ultra Premium (not the regular premium) rotors are great. I don't use the regular store band rotors anymore. The nice rotors are totally worth it.

I don't see how the Wearever are any worse than the Centric, they are all cast in China and it's luck of the draw IMO. At least if you have problems with them from Advance you can take them back.

I give Amazon a x3. I just purchased two Centric rotors for my Accord for $34 a piece, and some Akebono pads for $45. Free 2 day shipping with Prime trial membership. Hoping this combo will stop the chronic brake wobble I have had for some time.

Get a wire brush attachment for your drill, and clean the Hub flange thoroughly. Then get a runout gauge from HF and check the runout, and index your rotors as needed. This will solve a lot of problems.

Wearever are perfectly fine for a Civic.

That is all we use in my shop and customer satisfaction has been excellent. I also use them on my personal vehicles with good results.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Wearever are perfectly fine for a Civic.

That is all we use in my shop and customer satisfaction has been excellent. I also use them on my personal vehicles with good results.

Yea the only concern I have is using the more aggressive pads and also being on the track that they wont hold up.

My wife tests rotors with the best of them and Advance holds up just as well as any other rotor I have tried to survive in her car.

She's an animal on brakes and I swear I'd pay $150 a rotor if they lasted any more than what I use. We typically get 12-15K out of her front brakes with stop and go, grocery getting, and soccer Mom driving.

Do you guys think that a 1 liter bottle will be enough fluid to flush out all the old fluid? Or should I buy a second one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back