Wearever Rotors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Has anybody had any trouble with the Wearever rotors from Advanced Auto Parts? My rotors are pulsing and I am thinking of replacing them before I get my alignment done. Just wondering if anybody has a good or bad experience with them. The coupon to get 10 percent off expires today so I wanted to order them up just in case. The price comes down to about 38 a rotor which is the cheapest I can find. I have also convinced myself to stay away from those drilled and slotted rotors off of ebay. BTW, it is a 2004 Chevy Colorado with 62,000 miles. Also, they are captured rotors meaning that the wheel hubs have to come off to take the rotors off. I am looking to reduce labor costs as much as possible.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

I used them on my old daytona. They were only like 16 a piece so I figured, what the heck. They were completely quiet and strong for the remainder of the cars life.

I also used the Wearever Gold pads paired with those rotors. VERY strong stopping power, I liked em!

I had some that began the pulsing. Took someone's advice and took garnet "sand" paper to the surfaces. Fixed it! The advisor said it wasn't a warped rotor, but, stuff embedded in the rotor. Worth trying if you haven't actually had the run-out measured and know for certain you have a warped one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back