We know now why South Main Auto lets the cat into the garage

AT least the mod left a note he edited it.
Sometimes they just ninja stuff and you think the poster was having a moment... :ROFLMAO:

When we delete a thread because of linked materials, people complain.
When we leave the thread but delete the linked materials, people complain.
When we do nothing to the thread or video, people complain.

Are you sensing a pattern here?

When the thread is about a video and the link is nuked 7min after creation...
might as well nuke the thread and pm the creator.

PS. Are you using the royal "we" in this particular circumstance :sneaky:

3739668.jpg

When we delete a thread because of linked materials, people complain.
When we leave the thread but delete the linked materials, people complain.
When we do nothing to the thread or linked materials, people complain.
When we lock a thread, people complain.
Are you sensing a pattern here?

Too tired to go find that video yourself, eh? :LOL: JK.
I see the pattern, and believe that being a forum moderator is a "you can't win" situation. I also appreciate that BITOG is not laced with profanity. Thanks to you and the other mods for all you do! We are collectively joshing you all a bit here, but appreciate your work a lot.

I believe most of our members understand that linked materials are viewed just as if you'd typed/spoke the words yourself.

While it's inappropriate to leave a direct link to illicit materials on our site, it's fine if you want to direct folks to the website or YT channel you intend and give a title so it's easy for them to search themselves ...
I've updated this thread in the OPs post as such.
When you leave a trail of breadcrumbs to the host site elsewhere, that's OK.
Just don't link stuff for direct display here that does not meet our stringent standards.

As an example ... I love the Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics channel; Ivan is brilliant and I learn from his work all the time. But I cannot link his stuff here because he's a bit profane occasionally, and he has some political stuff in the background at times. So, I can tell you where to go find his stuff, but I cannot bring his stuff to you on BITOG.

And, "Yes" Rand, it is a collective "we" to which I refer. ;)

Mother lover!
I hearby request this member be restricted from posting for 30 days due to that profane post. According to,

BITOG STANDARD of CONDUCT

under section: The word censor/profanity filter shall not be ignored or bypassed
it clearly states: If you have to fool the censor/filter by using alternate spellings, spacing and/or special characters, do not use the alternate spelling of that word.

I hearby request this member be restricted from posting for 30 days due to that profane post. According to,

BITOG STANDARD of CONDUCT

under section: The word censor/profanity filter shall not be ignored or bypassed
it clearly states: If you have to fool the censor/filter by using alternate spellings, spacing and/or special characters, do not use the alternate spelling of that word.
Mother Lover is a skit from SNL, staring Justin Timberlake. Feel free to ggole the youtube video.

The issue is AI or like technology may/ will flag BITOG for improper content
No, it won't and it's ridiculous that the link to the video was removed. The video isn't "on" BITOG and Google isn't going to "punish" BITOG for content that's hosted on Google's own systems.

When I was a moderator on a GM forum many years ago, it was discovered that posting a woman in a conservative swimsuit may get the forum banned from google search engine.
100% different scenario (based on your description). The image was hosted (directly) on the site you refer to.

Probable in fact.
I had watched the video a couple days ago and before seeing this thread. I don't recall him cursing (he really doesn't but does "make up" variations of curse words, no doubt to appease the YT overlords) but then again, it wouldn't phase me hearing a "potty" word. I mean, I'm an adult.... and live in the real world 😂 If this horrible word that was used is the one you describe, uhhh, sorry, that's not profanity.

I had watched the video a couple days ago and before seeing this thread. I don't recall him cursing (he really doesn't but does "make up" variations of curse words, no doubt to appease the YT overlords) but then again, it wouldn't phase me hearing a "potty" word. I mean, I'm an adult.... and live in the real world 😂 If this horrible word that was used is the one you describe, uhhh, sorry, that's not profanity.
Agreed on the "horrible word" not literally being profane, but we (members of the general public) tend to use the term "profanity" to cover both profane and vulgar/scatological words and terms.

Ken Dryden's book The Game discussed how there was a sharp demarcation in how the Montreal Canadiens players of the 1970s cussed - the French-Canadian players tended to literally swear, irreverently mentioning various items central to the Roman Catholic faith. (I won't use the terms here.)

The Anglos tended to use secular vulgarities, pertaining to bodily functions, etc. (I won't spell those out either.)

Back