Waxed a Clean Car and got streaks with Collinite

I love 845 and I haver been using it for years. I just bought a 2013 Lincoln. I went through a Car Wash and I was following steps that the
Technician at Collinite told me. I put it on horizontally, waited a bit, then used my microfiber in a circular motion. I got a lot of streaks
and I can't figure why. Please help, thank you

Always thoroughly hand wash and dry your vehicle before applying paste wax. I have had no issues with Collinite streaking. If you wiped off too soon you might get some streaking, but then you could just let the streaks "cure" longer then wipe that off with a clean microfiber.

What was the condition of the paint before application?

I would have clayed it at the very least before washing and wax application.

Unfortunately the car wash drying agent probably interfered with the wax application. You can read more about car wash drying agents here.

These are usually sprayed on your car via tunnel spay system at the very end and aid the mechanical dryer actions by making the remaining water droplets more hydrophobic.

I learned from reading here never to take my cars to an automatic car wash, and never to use the soap brush they provide. Ten days ago I used Collinite 845 for the first time, after hand washing and claying. I'm impressed with the shine.

Collonite gives good shine though to me it's not observably better than other similarly priced waxes. I've not had streaking problems other than on the vinyl stripes on the Mini Hatch.

For beading ability Sonax Polymer Netshield far outperforms and outlasts the Collinite.

Collonite gives good shine though to me it's not observably better than other similarly priced waxes. I've not had streaking problems other than on the vinyl stripes on the Mini Hatch.

For beading ability Sonax Polymer Netshield far outperforms and outlasts the Collinite.
I think most use 845 (or 476) for mostly the durability factor, not really the shine. Could be wrong

I think the shine and gloss of 846 is actually better than turtle wax hybrid ceramic.
I found it had more depth on my soul red Mazda 6

Back