Water Bombers

Very sad to see what happened today in Greece. Fighting for such a noble cause; it rips my heart out.

Last edited:
Very sad to see what happened today in Greece. Fighting for such a noble cause; it rips my heart out.
It is really, really bad situation. I was talking to a friend in Croatian Air Force. They didn’t send airplanes to Greece anticipating fires home, and this is situation tonight in Dubrovnik:
IMG_2371.jpeg

However, there Is strong “bura,” which is wind from Adriatic toward coast, and they had to ground everything. If this continues tomorrow, structures are going to be in danger.

it is cool to watch it from the beach. But, this is horrible job, and unfortunately, sometimes it ends bad:

At first I thought: Accelerated stall on the pull up. High AOA. Loss of roll control. Instead of unloading for a split second to lower the AOA, they kept pulling, a classic mistake.

But I’m reading that they clipped the tree and tore off the right pontoon. Which would exacerbate control problems.

At first I thought: Accelerated stall on the pull up. High AOA. Loss of roll control. Instead of unloading for a split second to lower the AOA, they kept pulling, a classic mistake.

But I’m reading that they clipped the tree and tore off the right pontoon. Which would exacerbate control problems.
Yeah, you can see pontoon falling off. Hard to see initially.

Back