wasted time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided that Ive wasted hours and hours over the last 5 years on BITOG. There is no magic oil!

Basically, use whatever oil your owner's manual recommends, and change it when your manual tells you to. Case closed!!!

Stick with name brand oil, and don't use orange can Frams.

Too many (including myself) OVER THINK oil.

Remember KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

5 years and 48 post....dang I do 48 in a day.

Your not leaving right?

I agree probably 2.77 oil would do just as good as 9.00 oil, but man we have nothing else to do except overthink and analize this stuff.

You have to admit it is fun and some of the post make you laugh.....then again we learn or see something new everyday.

You made a mistake with your findings - there is nothing wrong with Fram filters.

Bad student! You will have to do remidial classes all summer!

Yeah, I probably used the wrong title for this post.

I'm just tired of over thinking motor oil. I can't remember how many times I've bought oil, only to return it at a later date to buy a different brand. It's almost like a mental disorder LOL. I hope the next car I buy has an OLM so I can change oil based on that instead of trying to figure out what the "right" OCI is for my driving conditions.

Anyway, I think I'm over my "panic attack" now.

Originally Posted By: kender
I'm just tired of over thinking motor oil. I can't remember how many times I've bought oil, only to return it at a later date to buy a different brand. It's almost like a mental disorder LOL.

Haha so true. Walmart has a great return policy.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I rarely read oil-related posts on BITOG anymore. I pay most attention to the off-topic, computers, and bicycle forums.

There's an oil section?!

I've decided that Ive wasted hours and hours over the last 5 years on BITOG. There is no magic oil!

Basically, use whatever oil your owner's manual recommends, and change it when your manual tells you to. Case closed!!!

Stick with name brand oil, and don't use orange can Frams.

Too many (including myself) OVER THINK oil.

Remember KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

That's why I don't think twice about the oil I use. I just go buy Pennzoil Platinum and whatever premium oil filter is on sale - be it Purolator PureONE, Motorcraft, Mobil 1... but there's more to this forum than passenger car motor oil after all
wink.gif

I dunno, it's kinda like saying Budweiser is good enough, why look at other beers.

It may be true. But there is a certain amount of entertainment value to try other beers to see if there are those you like better.

BITOG, like sampling beers should be done in moderation, not to excess.
cheers3.gif
cheers3.gif
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I dunno, it's kinda like saying Budweiser is good enough, why look at other beers.

It may be true. But there is a certain amount of entertainment value to try other beers to see if there are those you like better.

BITOG, like sampling beers should be done in moderation, not to excess.
cheers3.gif
cheers3.gif
cheers3.gif

Yes, beer is like motor oil ....no bad ones, just some better than others.
beer3.gif

Beer tastes better than motor oil. I use the same cheep oil and filters that I was using pre-BITOG. I am using more MMO, but I had played with that before too. I come here, the Genrl and maintenance sections mostly.

Yeah, I probably used the wrong title for this post.

I'm just tired of over thinking motor oil. I can't remember how many times I've bought oil, only to return it at a later date to buy a different brand. It's almost like a mental disorder LOL. I hope the next car I buy has an OLM so I can change oil based on that instead of trying to figure out what the "right" OCI is for my driving conditions.

Anyway, I think I'm over my "panic attack" now.

You return oil? Oh man. How you ever gonna build up your stash? Have you learned nothing on here, yet?

Just remember. Yer not a real man until you have more oil in your stash than you can reasonably expect to use in your lifetime.

grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back