Washington State Bill Would Ban Gas Cars In Ten Years, Other States Following Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll never pass, but if it did, the constitutional sharks (attorneys) would immediately kick off their TV campaigns. Can't you just hear it now? "Do you live in Washington State? Do you own a vehicle that runs on gasoline?"

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
It'll never pass, but if it did, the constitutional sharks (attorneys) would immediately kick off their TV campaigns. Can't you just hear it now? "Do you live in Washington State? Do you own a vehicle that runs on gasoline?"
Agreed. Also, Washington State has state referendums and citizen initiatives and it would undoubtedly be overturned.

Well, if that's what the people of Washington want, then have at it. You get what you vote for and if you don't like legislation like this, then don't vote for people that will introduce and vote on it. (Not a political position at all here).

Vast damage coming to the Wash economy if it really happens, but I doubt it really will. This is just a loud "statement" they want to make.

ROFL... As others have said it's just a bill. Nothing to see here. I found the proposed exemptions interesting, " Vehicles that would not be affected by “Clean Cars 2030” would be emergency vehicles, hydrogen-powered vehicles, and vehicles that weigh more than 10,000 pounds.".

I would expect a lot of late model used cars going to WA and CA because of this....
Either that or a lot of essentially new cars but technically used cars to be sold for new car prices in CA and WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back