Washed the ST today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first red car. Surprised with how clean it looks just from a wash! And even when it's filthy it doesn't look too bad! Used my Galaxy S5 for the pics.

20140711_183544.jpg

Fish Face
20140711_183602.jpg

20140711_183636.jpg
20140711_183654.jpg

20140711_183713.jpg

20140711_184233.jpg

20140711_184251.jpg

20140711_184341.jpg

20140711_184311.jpg

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Looks great. The Focus hatchback looks European designed.

I agree. It feels very European too. From the interior, to the door 'thunk', steering, and overall driving dynamics. I plan on having a little write up after a few more months with it. Have you seen the 2015 refresh? Some changes are nice, but I am not liking how they went with the Ford Fusion front. Everything by Ford looks like a Fusion now, at least this one is a bit unique.

Originally Posted By: Donald
What is an ST?

At work ST is for Sametime, our instant messenger system.

Sorry, it's part of Ford's line-up. There is a Fiesta ST and Focus ST. This is the latter.

What is an ST?

I believe "Sport Trim". In any case it's a sporty "hot hatch" trim.

Originally Posted By: NeilR
What is an ST?

I believe "Sport Trim". In any case it's a sporty "hot hatch" trim.

Sport Technologies, actually.

Beautiful car. I have a soft spot for hatches. I really wanted this or a mazdaspeed3 but I knew I had to have AWD so got an Sti.

Last edited:
Very nice ride you have there. May I suggest that you dry the car after you wash it, water spots are not good for the paint! Unless I am just seeing things???

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Nice color

Off topic but, that Galaxy S5 did an awful job at taking those pictures.

Yeah I was playing with the metering mode and it just wasn't working. Also, it was getting dark and the S5 goes happy with boasting the ISO to an extreme. Takes great pics with good lighting.

Originally Posted By: jigen
Nice color

Yeah I was playing with the metering mode and it just wasn't working. Also, it was getting dark and the S5 goes happy with boasting the ISO to an extreme. Takes great pics with good lighting.

My iPhone 5s takes great pics, I didn't know the camera was adjustable though for settings on the S5? Also really like those wheels on the car, very different.

Essentially this is the Ford of Germany product that the RoW has always received. In the USA we received the MKI Focus which also was a Ford of Germany product with minor changes to meet DOT regs.
There was also a Ford of Europe MKII which the RoW also received and was a totally new product from the ground up, the US MKII was nothing more than a heavily face lifted and and refreshed MKI. Which was a shame because the MK II from Europe was a very nice mix of nimbleness of the original car with some more refinement designed in...The current MKIII is the same version offered around the world, and here in the USA all Ford did was make the changes needed to meet DOT.

Personally I think the latest Focus is a bit too large. My favorite is the Fiesta ST. It really is the modern version of the MKI and MKII VW Golf GTI, but the Fiesta competes with cars like the Renault Clio, Peugeot 208, Opel Corsa, ect. The Renualt Clio
is probably one of the best subcompact cars in the world right now. Sad that we can't get it in the USA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Essentially this is the Ford of Germany product that the RoW has always received. In the USA we received the MKI Focus which also was a Ford of Germany product with minor changes to meet DOT regs.
There was also a Ford of Europe MKII which the RoW also received and was a totally new product from the ground up, the US MKII was nothing more than a heavily face lifted and and refreshed MKI. Which was a shame because the MK II from Europe was a very nice mix of nimbleness of the original car with some more refinement designed in...The current MKIII is the same version offered around the world, and here in the USA all Ford did was make the changes needed to meet DOT.

Personally I think the latest Focus is a bit too large. My favorite is the Fiesta ST. It really is the modern version of the MKI and MKII VW Golf GTI, but the Fiesta competes with cars like the Renault Clio, Peugeot 208, Opel Corsa, ect. The Renualt Clio
is probably one of the best subcompact cars in the world right now. Sad that we can't get it in the USA.

Interesting that you think it's too big, as it's actually one of the smaller in the segment. The wheelbase is shorter than the others, which is why the rear seat legroom isn't nearly as good as it is on some of the others.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

I couldn't agree with you more. Had the privilege to drive one ones. Here a nice video of the Clio recently taking back the Nürburgring.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140617/carnews/140619859

My iPhone 5s takes great pics, I didn't know the camera was adjustable though for settings on the S5? Also really like those wheels on the car, very different.

Overall in all conditions, the 5S wins. But there are a few categories where I'd say the S5 is a better performer.

I like the wheels too. The style comes on all Focus ST's, but the gunmetal ones are an option and you don't see them on very many out there. I think it looks much better with them than the standard ST wheels.

It was funny actually, the dealership must have thought I was crazy... I saw on the forums how to read the window stickers so you would know the build date of the vehicle. They had two on the lot and a 3rd one tucked away with extra inventory in a separate lot. I asked to pull the window sticker for that one and it had the most recent build date (01/14/14). I asked them if we could see that one. It had 7 miles on it and the only thing different was that gunmetal wheel option, so we went with that.

Other than maybe the first pic being a bit under exposed, I don't really see much wrong. Sure, they're not magazine quality, but I would not call them awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back