War in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that you're familiar with the concept of NAIRU and that it doesn't appear to have any fixed value.
I'm sure that you're also aware that the US economy had very low unemployment accompanied with very low inflation during most of the decade of the 'nineties.
You are probably also aware that under the Employment Act of 1946 as amended by the Full Employment and Balanced Growth Act of 1978, there exists an affirmative legal duty to promote employment levels in the US and it is correctly said that the while the Fed is independent within the government, it is not independent of the government.
In any event, growth in real wages is not in itself either inflationary or a drag on business profits, since those wages are cycled back into the economy as consumption and higher employment levels support the higher output levels needed to supply that marginal consumption.
As Milton Friedman wrote, inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon.
There is nothing in American law or policy that allows for or promotes what you've expressed in your second paragraph.
Restraining real wage growth is also not in the interest of the owners of capital, since profits depend upon sales and sales depend upon demand and demand depends upon wages paid to those who ulitmately consume, directly or indirectly, everything produced.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I said it once before, and I'll say it again. The elites love this stuff - people worrying about imaginary problems is a great distraction from the real problems in the world. This thread is a perfect example. Instead of focusing on the real issue of unrest in the Ukraine, it has derailed to talk of imaginary nonsense like fiat money and the New World Order.

That's why Putin never has to worry about what he's doing, aside from dealing with the issue locally. Any foreign threat to his plans is derailed by imaginary issues.

I can definitely agree that distraction is the greatest weapon used against the masses. Combined with our reliance on for profit Media sources this is one of the best ways to become misinformed. Luckily the Internet can also offer us vastly more info, but as we all know a huge percentage of it is just noise...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
And when unemployment starts to shrink below the critical level that DOES start to force wages upwards, the various Reserve Banks will increase interest rates to increase the cost of money, and reduce the number of available positions.

TPTB consider that there is an "optimum" unemployment level which keeps the unemployed hungry, and the employed fearful, and control the cost of money to keep it that way.

Good point, and accurate.

The actual unemployment numbers in the US supplied by the DoL/BLS are not trustworthy either because the only one they publically focus on is U2, not the more accurate U6 number which is always substantially higher.

UPDATE!

In a referendum Eastern Ukrainians voted 90% to 10% for a split from the Ukraine.

Even the military industrial complex's mass media "tool" is admitting that the people have spoken and the referendum shows that 90% of the Eastern Ukrainian's want to split from the Ukraine.

It's comical when the mass media crows about no independent observers when these people do not want such observers in US federal elections.LOL We know that the electronic ballot boxes are and have been rigged, by Diebold in previous US federal elections. Even the military industrial complex's mass media "tool" is admitting that the people have spoken and the referendum shows that 90% of the Eastern Ukrainian's want to split from the Ukraine.It's comical when the mass media crows about no independent observers when these people do not want such observers in US federal elections.LOL We know that the electronic ballot boxes are and have been rigged, by Diebold in previous US federal elections.
Even the military industrial complex's mass media "tool" is admitting that the people have spoken and the referendum shows that 90% of the Eastern Ukrainian's want to split from the Ukraine.It's comical when the mass media crows about no independent observers when these people do not want such observers in US federal elections.LOL We know that the electronic ballot boxes are and have been rigged, by Diebold in previous US federal elections.e-separatists-declare-referendum-victory-amid-irregularities.

Victory for Eastern Ukrainians seeking freedom from the west

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eastern-ukra...irregularities/

Last edited:
I agree with you SteveSRT8. There is way too much agenda instead of news reporting when it comes to the television news and there is a lot of noise on the internet. A person has to know where to go to get reliable information.

Ultimately the people with the agendas and the people who are lying lose in the end because the truth always has a way of eventually coming out.

Some wanted to believe that there really was a 'reset button' with Russia. But Putin is going to do what he wants to do and what he thinks he can do and he will try to advance Russian interests. Obviously the truth about all of that is coming out. I think we can put the 'reset button' away.

Whoever happens to be in power in Washington DC will have to face the realities of what is taking place in the world, regardless if those realities fit whatever agendas they believe in.

I am sick and tired of hearing about this New World Order stuff. It is obvious nonsense. In the end whoever is in power in various countries are going to do what is in their interests and their countries interests and they would not be able to advance the goals of any mythical New World Order if they wanted to. It is the same old story as it always has been-empire struggling against empire.

The big question in Europe is exactly how far Putin thinks he can go. He really would like to rebuild the old Soviet Union and if there is enough weakness in Europe and the USA he might try something like that. Just like Hitler took advantage of every weakness. Conquerors are still the same as they always were throughout history.

Only a small percentage of the world's population actually lives in a democracy.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

How can anyone become tired of hearing the truth, unless you are in denial?

Reality is that the elite's desire for a "New World Order"
(Globalism, International Order, ect) they always try to use many terms to confuse the general public, is a REAL construct, that they wish to implement. Heck, even a few other members here have posted within this thread and willingly admit that the NWO does exist.

I'm very pleased that the ordinary citizens of Eastern Ukraine have voted to remove themselves from the influence of
the the likes of the IMF, the EU, and other global entities that clearly DO NOT have their best interests in mind.

Last edited:
Even the military industrial complex's mass media "tool" is admitting that the people have spoken and the referendum shows that 90% of the Eastern Ukrainian's want to split from the Ukraine.

Vote fixing in the region was mastered decades ago. Stalin routinely got unanimous votes, and when he didn't, he faked it anyhow and sent people to count trees, or worse.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Vote fixing in the region was mastered decades ago. Stalin routinely got unanimous votes, and when he didn't, he faked it anyhow and sent people to count trees, or worse.

Wait a minute...... He is accepting what the media says as the truth????????

While I am not privy to the truthulous ham radio broadcasts you use as your news sources, other media is reporting that quite a few towns did not hold any sort of polling at all, and other cities (w/ 100s of thousands of residents) had scant polling places available. Before you start trumpeting (crowing?) victory, look for voter turnout numbers.

Certainly the pro Russian separatists are claiming a 90% in favor. (Like anyone should take that at face value.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/...ef=uk&ir=UK

In one week's time, voters are expected to be asked whether they favour seceding to Russia. A poll by the Pew Research centre in the US found 70% in the country’s east – which includes areas along the Black Sea and the border with Russia – prefer to remain in a unified Ukraine.
---------------------------------------

But of course, that part doesn't fit with the agenda of the mythical MIC and media tools.

How can anyone become tired of hearing the truth, unless you are in denial?

Reality is that the elite's desire for a "New World Order"
(Globalism, International Order, ect) they always try to use many terms to confuse the general public, is a REAL construct, that they wish to implement. Heck, even a few other members here have posted within this thread and willingly admit that the NWO does exist.

I'm very pleased that the ordinary citizens of Eastern Ukraine have voted to remove themselves from the influence of
the the likes of the IMF, the EU, and other global entities that clearly DO NOT have their best interests in mind.

More out of context garbage... George Bush used the term in an attempt to characterize the post Cold War world, not as a reference to some nutty conspiracy you keep pointing to. The phrase has been used by world leaders at various points in the past to signify a change in the balance of power between nations.

You've been fooled by somebody with an over-active imagination who successfully hacked basic English to manipulate you. Look up the difference between a common noun and a proper noun.

Originally Posted By: Mykl

More out of context garbage... George Bush used the term in an attempt to characterize the post Cold War world, not as a reference to some nutty conspiracy you keep pointing to. The phrase has been used by world leaders at various points in the past to signify a change in the balance of power between nations.

You've been fooled by somebody with an over-active imagination who successfully hacked basic English to manipulate you. Look up the difference between a common noun and a proper noun.

Wow, full court press "psy ops" at work. LOL

The phrase "out of context" must be the new obfuscation tool of the moment.

It's not working anymore, you cannot "construct" reality as you see fit.

PNAC anyone? How about NAU?
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:

crackmeup2.gif

Construct reality?

The person suggesting the simplest possible reasonable outcome is the one who's guilty of employing deception tactics but the person stringing together a bunch of completely unrelated, unconnected, out of context quotes by various people who haven't met one another, much less talked, to support the idea that there's this shadow organization run by the most powerful people in the world is not guilty of that?

Is that how you defend your shaky position? By attempting to discredit naysayers via snide, sarcastic comments rather than actually address the person's argument?

From everything I've seen on here, yes it is.

Is that how you defend your shaky position? By attempting to discredit naysayers via snide, sarcastic comments rather than actually address the person's argument?

crackmeup2.gif

Construct reality?

The person suggesting the simplest possible reasonable outcome is the one who's guilty of employing deception tactics but the person stringing together a bunch of completely unrelated, unconnected, out of context quotes by various people who haven't met one another, much less talked, to support the idea that there's this shadow organization run by the most powerful people in the world is not guilty of that?

Trying to have a sane, rational discussion with somebody who is obviously the mental equivalent of being on a permanent acid trip is likely not going to result in anything other than frustration. At least that's been my experience with him in this thread and others.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Trying to have a sane, rational discussion with somebody who is obviously the mental equivalent of being on a permanent acid trip is likely not going to result in anything other than frustration. At least that's been my experience with him in this thread and others.

Fair point.

When I quoted the post with the videos I had almost literally reached the "bang my head on the wall" moment of frustration. I suppose others have already learned that attempting to engage his theories is the electronic equivalent of said head banging.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
From everything I've seen on here, yes it is.

Do not attempt to use logic, facts, and the simplest explanation. Once a person conveniences themselves that conspiracies are the root cause of every event in the world nothing, and I mean nothing will convince the person in question there are other more likely possibilities.

As soon as you present an alternative explanation you are the enemy and a member of a fictional elite organization that is using some cloak and dagger scheme to prevent the "truth" from being exposed. Once anyone provides the numerous contradictions in any conspiracy theory the next move is for said person to attempt discredit you.

I have stated the following before. People who believe and propagate conspiracies are their own worst enemy because every once in a while conspiracy theorist are lucky enough to stumble on a accurate point of view. After years and many of conspiracies theories are debunked as the unstable and unreliable theorist is immediately written off as having no creditably as it pertains to the possible subject at hand. Thus finding out what happened takes longer than it should have.

"History keeps her secrets longer than most of us. But she has one secret that I will reveal to you tonight in the greatest confidence. Sometimes there are no winners at all. And sometimes nobody needs to lose."

I believe that quote sums the "truth" as it pertains to history. Also most "conspiracies" are not some elaborate hoax's, rather than it is a person's or a group of people's incompetence not malice.

The term "new world order" has been used to refer to any new period of history evidencing a dramatic change in world political thought and the balance of power.

That's all there is to it.

Sheesh, there was a new world order when the Roman Empire fell.

Let me guess, every single emperor and pretender was part of some vast conspiracy spanning centuries. It started with Cain and Abel maybe.

In truth though, the phrase wasn't used till Wilson and his Fourteen Points. And it fell from use when the League of Nations failed to live up to its promise.

There was one post WW2 when we had two superpowers. a new one when one of them fell. In the future, we'll have yet another new one if and when China becomes a superpower.

No conspiracy needed.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

crackmeup2.gif

Construct reality?

Ha

Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back