Walmart Supertech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Just because it's SL doesn't mean it's going to be the same additive levels in the VOA.

from what i've seen over the past reading VOA's they are the same if both SL,SM etc,etc. Can you explain and show me why they would not have the same additive levels both being SL?? until we see a sample no one knows for sure.

also it was not just the 10w40,ALL oil was SL except the 5w20

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Just because it's SL doesn't mean it's going to be the same additive levels in the VOA.

from what i've seen over the past reading VOA's they are the same if both SL,SM etc,etc. Can you explain and show me why they would not have the same additive levels both being SL?? until we see a sample no one knows for sure.

also it was not just the 10w40,ALL oil was SL except the 5w20

Additives used change over the years. We've seen quite a lot of changes in Pennzoil, Castrol, Valvoline, Motorcraft, etc. They could still blend an SL oil using the types of additives found today, like sodium or magnesium used in place of calcium, and boron added in to replace some of the zinc or whatever.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Originally Posted By: daman
when was SL replaced late 90's???

I believe it was 2003/2004. I may be wrong though.

you could be right tho,,if thats the case that wasn't tooo long ago and i would say should be the same..anyway no matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back