Walmart near me only stocking synthetic?

Walmart here no longer stocking anything but Synthetic oil. I noticed last week no Valvoline Daily only Advance and Extended . Today I go in notice all blends were gone only Synthetic. I go online and blends online cost more than Synthetic. I guess only argument will be which Synthetic shall I run.

Interesting.

If someone wants a semi synthetic then they could go to elsewhere like Home Depot and get Castrol Ultraclean or Quaker State oils. Napa has their semi synthetic oil for ok prices like $13 for 5 quarts at times too.

Not even Motor Craft?
I didn't see any however I wasn't looking for it as not certified for my use. Looking on site shows to have it on limited stock with higher price than synthetic. Even on Amazon Semi Synthetic is higher than Synthetic at least Valvoline is.

The one near me still carries it for $17.xx as well as Ultraclean and Havoline blends (0w20[Ultraclean only], 5w20 and 5w30) and Conventional in 10w30/40 and 20w50). Hopefully yours is just between restocking.

Even on Amazon Semi Synthetic is higher than Synthetic
I swear, Amazon and/or Walmart have a "bot" that checks each other's prices for certain items and keeps them matched. Look at Castrol Edge 5W-30 - $24.47 on both sites. Same price down to the penny.

I swear, Amazon and/or Walmart have a "bot" that checks each other's prices for certain items and keeps them matched. Look at Castrol Edge 5W-30 - $24.47 on both sites. Same price down to the penny.

Manufacturers are offering too many choices with normal mileage, high mileage, and All mileage. I'm sure it's a matter of time before that rolls out to the EP and Magnatec lines.

"Paralysis by analysis"

I am seeing that the supertech lineup of oil is rebranding their "Conventional" product as semi-synthetic and maintaining the same price point.

I use it as top off oil, about $2.89 per quart.

Since Walmart pays a lot of attention to what sells perhaps your hood is a bit upscale. :cool: The Walmart in our local town sells Pennzoil Yellow bottle, Castrol Ultra Clean White bottle ( made in Canada), and Supertech Conventional. We probably have a few extra hillbillies around. Now where did I hide the copper tubes for the still. :unsure:

82938179-BD48-41CC-B408-605360E53D5F.jpeg08839784-909D-410A-BB31-A6681D3ECECE.jpeg

No telling the reason for the change. Walmart is good at screwing over vendors... I’ve seen it first hand. They have a “do you know who we are...” mentality. If you don’t bow down then you pay the price. I won’t buy anything from them. Rather over pay.

Last edited:
Since Walmart pays a lot of attention to what sells perhaps your hood is a bit upscale. :cool: The Walmart in our local town sells Pennzoil Yellow bottle, Castrol Ultra Clean White bottle ( made in Canada), and Supertech Conventional. We probably have a few extra hillbillies around. Now where did I hide the copper tubes for the still. :unsure:

View attachment 60426View attachment 60427
It probably depends on the Walmart around here they cleared out PYB and replaced it with PFS, then they killed ST conventional and ST HM, and now have ST All-Mileage, they got rid of QS(AD) and QSHM and now just have QS All Mileage. VWB was cleared and now they only have Maxlife, all the 10W30 in non high mileage variants was cleared out too, my Walmarts have quite a lot of shelf space for oil, I've been in smaller walmarts and I can see why they've cut down to carrying only synthetic if all they have is half an isle.

I am seeing that the supertech lineup of oil is rebranding their "Conventional" product as semi-synthetic and maintaining the same price point.

I use it as top off oil, about $2.89 per quart.
It's becoming harder and harder for mineral oil "conventionals" to meet ever-tightening oil standards. This transition to synthetic blend "conventionals" has been occurring across many other brands, most notably with the implementation of the API SP certification

At the end of the day, Walmart's game plan is to sell the volume movers and at GREAT prices, not offer hundreds of choices of oils. If they don't have your flavor, look for it elsewhere.

At the end of the day, Walmart's game plan is to sell the volume movers and at GREAT prices, not offer hundreds of choices of oils. If they don't have your flavor, look for it elsewhere.
Pretty much. One downside is you’ll pay more. Still have plenty of local places that carry PYB……

I bought oil yesterday at the local Walmart. They did have some conventional oil, I happened to notice. I went in to buy some Motorcraft semi/syn and after discovering that it had topped $20 for 5qts I looked at the options and went with the SuperTech advanced synthetic for $17.96

Pretty much. One downside is you’ll pay more. Still have plenty of local places that carry PYB……

I have seen Quaker State high mileage on sale at Home Depot for $14.97... only around 50 cents more. Same for Castrol Ultraclean... About 50 cents more vs Wally when on sale. I have seen Castrol Edge on sale at Home Depot for $21.97 at times. Quaker State full synthetic for $18.98 too.

Some are the same price and some 50 cents more. I'll pay that gladly to avoid the mass of humanity at Wally world. Plus the long long walk it takes to go in and get things there.

Napa actually has had some very good sales on the own branded Napa oils. And I can get Cam2 Dexos full synthetic for $22 for 6 qts. Not too shabby.

Back