Walmart near me do not sell havoline oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 4WD
....and what they stock is surprisingly different …

Basically, they (try and) stock what sells the most at that location.

Walmart appears to be reducing merchandise selection in many areas of their stores. Noticed this week that the razor blade section is reduced considerably. I purchased the three tube 8oz Colgate toothpaste pack for years, and early this year this offering disappeared from shelf. Walmart employee stocking toothpaste didn't know what I was referring to. Selection across the board seems to be where the company is headed.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Walmart appears to be reducing merchandise selection in many areas of their stores. Noticed this week that the razor blade section is reduced considerably. I purchased the three tube 8oz Colgate toothpaste pack for years, and early this year this offering disappeared from shelf. Walmart employee stocking toothpaste didn't know what I was referring to. Selection across the board seems to be where the company is headed.

Walmart seems to be going the way of online ordering. If they don't have it in the store most of the time it is available online.

I've never seen Havoline oil around here. In fact, the first time I saw the brand name on this site I thought someone just miss-spelled Valvoline.
lol.gif

CVX seemed to have a push … perhaps targeting baby boomers who would recall these brands. For example in the last few years (small town area) I have seen Havoline quick lubes open up and Texaco has pumps at stop and go type stores.

I too have to order Havoline and I might use standardize on ProDS for my parent's cars. Too bad Amazon doesn't carry the SmartChange BIB, it seems like a Walmart exclusive. The funny part is that I live near Chevron's Richmond Refinery, which is their main lubricants site for North America I think. It's also home to their R&D facility.

CVX wanted to axe Chevron Supreme oil in favor of Havoline for the consumer market. But, it still enjoys brand recognition on the West Coast. O'Reilly still sells jugs of Supreme, Costco still carries cases of Supreme.

Delo is seen more often here than other Chevron lubes … do see CS … but in more or less odd places like where one spots Formula Shell or Mobil Super

I always wonder about Chevrons marketing. I don't see the Havoline ProDS anywhere except online. In my local Fred Meyers store (Kroger) they sell Chevron Supreme and Delo.

It seems like they are missing a opportunity here but there must be more to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back