Walmart is running out of transmission fluid

I had to get 8 quarts of Mercon VI this afternoon and it took me nearly 10 minutes to find it.

The only gallon jugs available were hidden behind the Supertech transmission fluid. It seems like you still have a chance if you need a Dexron/Mercon III or a Chrysler ATF IV.

Everything else? I only saw a couple of quart bottles and that was it. They had hundreds of quarts of motor oil and plenty of coolant. Transmission fluid? Not much at all.
Might need to hit the dealership. I always use dealership oem atf only.

Many change their won -very few in comparison change their own transmission fluid. It stock accordingly.

Too bad. Why I buy my oils and trans fluids at rural King and AutoZone since I get work discount at autozone. Still have a nice stash of Merck. LV and V to use thanks to AAP clearance few years ago

please no!!!
I wonder how much of the oil shortages is people hoarding.
But, do I need to stock up on Dex lll if I find it cheap anywhere?
I got it on sale last time at NAPA, for about $3.85 a quart, but it usually goes for about $9.00 a quart. 😱
I think that's a lot.
I have a 2001 with a 4t65e transmission, and I want to run Dex lll.

🤦‍♂️ Walmart again? I normally don’t bother looking for oil or filers at Walmart. Walmart has been going downhill for several years.
Not here in Louisville... They have stocked shelves of oil..filters and a great automotive section... to each his/her own.. I will keep going back..

I had to get 8 quarts of Mercon VI this afternoon and it took me nearly 10 minutes to find it.

The only gallon jugs available were hidden behind the Supertech transmission fluid. It seems like you still have a chance if you need a Dexron/Mercon III or a Chrysler ATF IV.

Everything else? I only saw a couple of quart bottles and that was it. They had hundreds of quarts of motor oil and plenty of coolant. Transmission fluid? Not much at all.

- I'm actually surprised you found what you were looking for, considering "Mercon VI" does not exist in the marketplace
- You could always buy some Mercon and some Dex VI and make your own blend
- I'm not sure what vehicle specs a "Mercon VI"; could you enlighten us?
JK ...

Seriously though, are we still surprised by supply chain shortages in 2023???
As has been said in multiple threads before this one ... either shop elsewhere or order some delivered.

🤦‍♂️ Walmart again? I normally don’t bother looking for oil or filers at Walmart. Walmart has been going downhill for several years.
Hey guess what MParr....Just got back from Walmart and got some Mobile 1...Fram oil and air filter a cabin air filter ans 2 cans of brake cleaner...and guess what...They had it all...so eat your heart out MParr.... :ROFLMAO:

Hey guess what MParr....Just got back from Walmart and got some Mobile 1...Fram oil and air filter a cabin air filter ans 2 cans of brake cleaner...and guess what...They had it all...so eat your heart out MParr.... :ROFLMAO:
Aren’t you special!

Attachments

• A0D181D9-4B80-42AC-9EFC-DDC766B0FE77.jpg
    A0D181D9-4B80-42AC-9EFC-DDC766B0FE77.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 16
- I'm actually surprised you found what you were looking for, considering "Mercon VI" does not exist in the marketplace
- You could always buy some Mercon and some Dex VI and make your own blend
- I'm not sure what vehicle specs a "Mercon VI"; could you enlighten us?
JK ...

Seriously though, are we still surprised by supply chain shortages in 2023???
As has been said in multiple threads before this one ... either shop elsewhere or order some delivered.
Kevin Spade just called. He wants his sarcasm back.

Back