Walmart is running out of transmission fluid

I had to get 8 quarts of Mercon VI this afternoon and it took me nearly 10 minutes to find it.

The only gallon jugs available were hidden behind the Supertech transmission fluid. It seems like you still have a chance if you need a Dexron/Mercon III or a Chrysler ATF IV.

Everything else? I only saw a couple of quart bottles and that was it. They had hundreds of quarts of motor oil and plenty of coolant. Transmission fluid? Not much at all.

We just went today and easily got two gallons of D/M. ATF +4 and others are more hit or miss. They only have ST and Valvoline around here.

I had to get 8 quarts of Mercon VI this afternoon and it took me nearly 10 minutes to find it.

The only gallon jugs available were hidden behind the Supertech transmission fluid. It seems like you still have a chance if you need a Dexron/Mercon III or a Chrysler ATF IV.

Everything else? I only saw a couple of quart bottles and that was it. They had hundreds of quarts of motor oil and plenty of coolant. Transmission fluid? Not much at all.
Have you checked your local Advance Auto?

For what it’s worth, our Canadian Tire store, which rivals Walmart up here, is short on various ATF’s.

1817941E-E441-494B-BD4F-AFCCA4A2BA31.jpeg

Besides us nuts here the average person doesn't check oil never mind "lifetime" trans fluid. Add to it the trans dipstick is rare these days and filling one up? 95% of Owners have no way of knowing if they were low, to begin with, and couldn't/wouldn't find the fill plug. Exactly what the industry wanted, no? I don't buy that we did it to ensure owners wouldn't erroneously dump oil in the dipstick tube.

Makes sense to me that Wally would have little to no ATF fluid on their shelves. My Wally (Hudson Valley NY) has been that way for years now. Limited to a small section in the oil aisle and all quart jugs. Only ATF fluid in a gallon jug is MaxLife and something tells me that is because it remains with a decent level of popularity but more important; is part of the Valvoline oil contract so there is likely a min order for MaxLife ATF.

About a year ago, I needed some for my Jeep. Ended up spending $8.99 a quart of whatever it was at the local AZ.

I still really haven’t seen any ATF+4 at my local WM.

Back