Walmart In-Store deals! $32 for 12 quarts of SuperTech Full Synthetic! $39 for 12 quarts Valvoline Advanced!

You have to go into the Walmart store and use the price scanning phone app to verify. This is not advertised.

Bought it! Snagged!

1000032492.jpg
1000032492.jpg
1000032494.jpg
1000032497.jpg

These boxes were hovering around $38 in my area in store vs $45 online, wouldn't be surprised its cut again.

This is at ALL Walmart stores. The challenge is finding out when these sales take place. Your best bet is to go to the largest Walmart SuperCenter when it first opens. The only way to find out is to walk into the store. Use the price scanning Walmart app as the prices listed on the shelf are sometimes not accurate.

If you go late in the day the shelf will be empty.

The sticker said $39.50 for SuperTech but when I scanned it then it said $32.00.

Also forgot to mention Valvoline at $39.50.
1000032493.jpg
1000032492.jpg

1000032491.jpg

The market has spoken on buying oil in these types of vessels. For starters in the image shown, 2 of the 3 boxes are either damaged or needed to be reinforced with strapping tape. No one is going to pay full freight for that.

The market has spoken on buying oil in these types of vessels. For starters in the image shown, 2 of the 3 boxes are either damaged or needed to be reinforced with strapping tape. No one is going to pay full freight for that.
Ive used these boxes. Inside is a bag of oil. So if the box is damaged it doesnt matter as long as the bag isnt leaking.

They had another box of ST on the shelf but it was damaged to a point where even I would not buy it. It was simply torn up.

This is at ALL Walmart stores. The challenge is finding out when these sales take place. Your best bet is to go to the largest Walmart SuperCenter when it first opens. The only way to find out is to walk into the store. Use the price scanning Walmart app as the prices listed on the shelf are sometimes not accurate.

If you go late in the day the shelf will be empty.

The sticker said $39.50 for SuperTech but when I scanned it then it said $32.00.

Also forgot to mention Valvoline at $39.50.
View attachment 208398View attachment 208397

View attachment 208396
Thanks for the update on the SuperTech.

$39-32=$7 savings. But you have to factor in the gasoline cost of driving roundtrip to Walmart just for the oil.

In my case the closest Walmart is 20 miles away (40 miles round trip). So if my vehicle gets 20 MPG, I would use 2 gallons * 3.35 a gallon = $6.70 in gasoline.

So it would be a 30 cent savings instead of a $7 savings. LOL.

Last edited:
The price of 12 quart SuperTech box is usually $45 and it sold for $32. $13.30 for every 5 quarts

Valvoline Advanced 12 quart box is usually $58 and it sold for $39. $16.25 for 5 quarts

The cheapest API SP/Dexos1Gen3 oil at Walmart not on sale is about $19 for SuperTech 5 quart jug.

Most boxes were damaged...

BTW shelf life of oil is 4 to 5 years.

I saw this at my store yesterday for 10W30. Still not sure I can get behind 2.67/qt but for an endangered species like 10W30, maybe.

I did grab two jugs of QS 20W50 for $14 ea, so $2.80/qt, but 20W50 is beyond endangered to nearly-extinct. API SN (not plus) and I didn't look at date codes.

Heck, I recently poured in mostly 20W50 in our 3V Ford to prop up hydraulic tensioners ;)

Nope. Have a search on the forum.
No sir. I only do searches on the oil manufacturers website about oil shelf life.

Mobil- Maximum 5 years in unopened container
Link: https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants...-quarts#:~:text=Answer,1™ synthetic motor oil.

Mobil White Paper discussing shelf life:

Chevron white paper discussing oil shelf life- some products it says 5 years and others 2 years

Pennzoil Maximum 4 years

I do not want to debate the topic of "shelf life" and will accept the information the oil manufacturers put out on this topic. If you disagree with the information in those various links then you should take it up with them. You can contact their "tech line" to have that debate.

The price of 12 quart SuperTech box is usually $45 and it sold for $32. $13.30 for every 5 quarts

Valvoline Advanced 12 quart box is usually $58 and it sold for $39. $16.25 for 5 quarts

The cheapest API SP/Dexos1Gen3 oil at Walmart not on sale is about $19 for SuperTech 5 quart jug.

Most boxes were damaged...

BTW shelf life of oil is 4 to 5 years.
One of my boxes that I purchased looked like it didn't get enough glue on it at the manufacturing plant, but no leaks.

No sir. I only do searches on the oil manufacturers website about oil shelf life.

Mobil- Maximum 5 years in unopened container
Link: https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/auto-care/all-about-oil/ask-our-auto-experts/shelf-life-of-unopened-mobil-1-quarts#:~:text=Answer,1™ synthetic motor oil.

Mobil White Paper discussing shelf life:

Chevron white paper discussing oil shelf life- some products it says 5 years and others 2 years

Pennzoil Maximum 4 years

I do not want to debate the topic of "shelf life" and will accept the information the oil manufacturers put out on this topic. If you disagree with the information in those various links then you should take it up with them. You can contact their "tech line" to have that debate.
No. Thanks for posting the sale, but you are frankly wrong, and I am not going to debate you either except to again say, have a search on the forum and learn the truth about oil shelf life.

I found a box of Max life high mileage full synthetic 5W30 for 39.50. Other boxes of Valvoline or super tech, like others have posted, are similarly priced. Nearly every box on clearance has visible oil stains in the cardboard from insignificant leakage. I wouldn't be surprised that all these 12 QT boxes in all brands eventually disappear.

You can contact their "tech line" to have that debate.
Why bother? My uncles small gas yard equipment has been sipping on the same barrel of 1974 era hd30 he got cheap since I was a child up to the present day. No oil related failures yet, maybe someday it will empty.

So Anyone in the know doesn’t need to argue this topic. Reminds me of the expiration date on rubbing alcohol, molasses and c&c white sugar.

Back