Walmart Canada - SuperTEch FullSyn - OLD STOCK

Hey all

Walmart Canada a few weeks ago has a sale on their ST Full Syn oils, and I picked up a few jugs.. But I just noticed that they are just SN rated..

From many threads on the forum I have seen over a while, I see Walmarts USA ST Full Syn is SN Plus when someone posts a pic of the bottle(s) or makes reference of it.

I also noticed what I think is the manufacture date of the oil, its 2018 July ...

I think Walmart CND bamboozled us with getting out their old CND stock and selling it off...

IMG_20200731_0648456.jpg

At my local Walmart I noticed this week the 5L bottles were SN and the 1L bottles were SN Plus. Fairly comfortable in saying they likely have the same oil inside.

Or just go to Costco and get the two 5L bottles of Kirkland for $33 and know what you're getting.

Thou it's very lucrative to get 5L of full syn oil for C$15 at everyday price, I always carry a flashlight and pick fresher oil, black light if you are after Mobil1.

Hey all

Walmart Canada a few weeks ago has a sale on their ST Full Syn oils, and I picked up a few jugs.. But I just noticed that they are just SN rated..

From many threads on the forum I have seen over a while, I see Walmarts USA ST Full Syn is SN Plus when someone posts a pic of the bottle(s) or makes reference of it.

I also noticed what I think is the manufacture date of the oil, its 2018 July ...

I think Walmart CND bamboozled us with getting out their old CND stock and selling it off...

View attachment 26100

April 1, 2018 was the date you could start showing SN+ on the bottles. WPP I can almost guarantee switched to SN+ Spec before that date. They want to make sure all the product meets new specs when they start filling the new bottles. They then use up the old bottles (SN+ is automatically considered SN Compliant).

In other words you likely have SN+ in an SN Container.

Hey all... So today I needed to go to Walmart , so I took a peek at the SuperTechs oils again, and I found some what appear to be very recent production dates.. I found a quart bottle that was stamped 2020-May and its still only denotes it being a SN.. Not a SN Plus.. very odd..

I would find it odd that Walmart CND would purchase a SN blend ver Walmart USA purchasing a SN PLus from Warren...

So I am hoping that its SN PLus in the bottle...

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_1838410.jpg
    IMG_20200804_1838410.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 15
We know it's Warren because of the Dexos registration.

Label likely hasn't been touched since the product was first brought to Canada (does Walmart Canada even move enough volume to care about it?) but is there any other reason to doubt it's not the same product as Walmart US, Amazon, Kirkland, etc or even the Walmart Canada 1L bottles that do mention SN Plus?

Technically speaking, as long as it meets or exceeds SN specs, Walmart doesn't need to update the label.

Out of curiosity, are you driving a vehicle that requires SN+ ??
I know mine dont.. LOL.... my 02 TL is SL
my '13 MDX is SN, long before SN+
Now i can understand your desire to get the latest and greatest, for the best bang for your dollar..
for that... i will need to deplete a huge stash of PUP.. once that will be achieved.... the Kirkland oil is well inline to take center stage.
J.

Doesn't SN+ have less ZDDP levels which would make it inferior to SN when it comes to wear protection? What is CB900F2 worried about?

Not really worried.. I bought it for my 2017 Elantra 2.0nu (5W20), it only needs SN, but I also have a 2019 Santa FE 2.0T that calls for SN+.. so I wanted to give it a try first in my Elantra, and then pickup some 5W30 for the Santa FE, but since I found its not labeled as SN+, I did pickup some 5W30 Kirkland :)

I was just surprised once I brought them home that they were just SN as noted in my original thread..

Doesn't SN+ have less ZDDP levels which would make it inferior to SN when it comes to wear protection? What is CB900F2 worried about?

Back