Wal-Mart TLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I would say this..... I was impressed with them today. Normally I steer clear of them. I wound up with a nail in my tire in the Elantra and since it was about 6 pm I was pretty sure they would be the only tire place that could get me in. I was in and out in less than an hour. They didn't mess up my car and it only cost me $10 out the door. In addition to all that, the employee that helped me was super nice and didn't seem to have the FML attitude that many employees do. I just may return next year for tires on the Caravan.

Thats good. Did they do a patch from the inside? Thats good to know..i did my own patch on one of my winter tires and its holding up but id rather patch from the inside. I might bring the tire over before winter.

Im not sure what method they used to repair it. I can see the plug but IDK if they did anything on the inside or not. I was just glad I didn't get the dreaded "we have a question on your vehicle" call that is usually bad news. I worked for a Wal Mart store my last couple of years of high school and a couple years after that and was never impressed with the TLE at that store. Still not interested in them changing my oil but that has a lot more to do with the fact that I enjoy doing it myself. This site has been a blessing and a curse. Before joining I just did 3k OCI with Super Tech and never even considered spending extra for name brands or thought about one filter being better than another and I didn't sit around and think about oil in between
smile.gif

I had Walmart mount tires on a Camry and they used metal valve stems (unsure why). Despite going back at least once, they always leaked slowly.

I know mechanics have to start somewhere, but I'd prefer they learn on my psycho [censored] ex-wife's car, not mine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
FML, TLE, IDK?
Sorry but when i see this sort of stuff i just pass the thread.

+1

BAFL = Boycott Abbreviations For Life

I love this site. I don't live here like some, but it's come in very, very handy more than a few times. Where else can you get a picture of how the choke lever (on/off switch) on a Stihl Farm Boss chainsaw is supposed to be situated 20 minutes after posting the question? I just ignore the grammar police and people with 20,000 posts, but nothing constructive to add to the discussion. Thanks "Bob Is The Oil Guy" for this resource!

Originally Posted By: fisher83
I think I've wasted more than enough time on this site. Someone always has to chime in with their negative comments on every thread. I seem to have offended the grammar police. How is this one? F.U. S.M.D.

So telling off one of the most helpful members on the site somehow makes you feel better. Hilarious. I'm assuming you'll be getting a vacation for that one. Enjoy the time away.

Fwiw I didn't know what tle meant either Trav

Originally Posted By: yeehaw1960
I love this site. I don't live here like some, but it's come in very, very handy more than a few times. Where else can you get a picture of how the choke lever (on/off switch) on a Stihl Farm Boss chainsaw is supposed to be situated 20 minutes after posting the question? I just ignore the grammar police and people with 20,000 posts, but nothing constructive to add to the discussion. Thanks "Bob Is The Oil Guy" for this resource!

For the most part the guys with high post count are the most helpful,so ignoring them likely gets a person further from their answer. There only 1 guy here with a high post count that is full of it but I'm not naming names.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Can't be any worse than my experience at Hendrick Toyota yesterday.

Has to be much better then the experience I had with Kirk's Goodyear....
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

mad.gif

Had to have been better than the Walmart TLE that gouged the lips of my brand-new aluminum wheels, and is being really slow on making me whole.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

mad.gif

Had to have been better than the Walmart TLE that gouged the lips of my brand-new aluminum wheels, and is being really slow on making me whole.

How 'bout the NYC Inspection station/Staten Island Hand Car Wash That [censored] over my Pinch weld/drivers front rocker panel COMPLETELY! Couldn't get any recourse...
mad.gif

I like Walmart tire shop, they have always been good to me other than not able to handle large tire with low profile due to liability reason. They are better service than any tire shop I've been to, before even factoring in the price.

I can get tires and batteries cheaper somewhere else, Change my own oil.Got my tire patched for $5 at a local tire shop.My oil pan needs to be replaced due to stripped oil drain plug from previous owner getting his OC there,yes it's Walmart's sticker and the plenty of blue loctite they squirt on the plug.

Only thing I may need them for is when i bring my new tires to be mounted there which I'm not 100% sure they would because for $8 per tire mounted and balanced and rotated for life can't be beaten.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back