Wal-Mart Outdoor Factor Parts 2-Cycle Premix Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it but haven't tried it. I use the Powercare brand at Homedepot it is the same price as that one and works great.

VPracing SEF from my local dealer 5 gallon pail comes to 3.15qt best way to buy it.

Originally Posted By: justintendo
do you guys not have any ethanol free fuel pumps nearby? nothing wrong with canned fuel, but awfully expensive.
there are no straight gas stations within 100 miles of me so I must use the canned gas. The california reformulated gas gives my ope fits.

One place in town sells E-0 87 octane.
It's $0.30 per gallon more, but I don't trust E-10 in any OPE any ore. Texas heat is a bad combo.

Smells like race gas/ AvGas.

When I bought a Stihl chain saw the other day - the guy filled it with theirs ... considering my limited time and use - and my temperament when small motors don't start - I might go back for a can. A bit excessive perhaps, but so is a beer and hotdog at a game these days ...

I did try the premix once; it's good. However, I have a non-ethanol station less than a mile away, with 4 or 5 more in a 5 mile radius. It's probably due to having a huge lake nearby. None of my OPE ever gets E10, and it's easy to tell. I never have any trouble starting, unless I have a dead battery or fouled plug.

Originally Posted By: justintendo
do you guys not have any ethanol free fuel pumps nearby? nothing wrong with canned fuel, but awfully expensive.

A large percentage of home owners will only use one or two cans of premix fuel a year. $5 to $10 for an entire years worth of fuel. A gallon of mix it yourself will cost $5-6 for the fuel + oil + stabilizer. So these folks spent an extra $4 per year. An outrageous expense, that extra $4.

If you own acreage, use LOTS of 2 cycle equipment, or own a lawn care firm, then premix fuel is not for you. For everyone else with half acre lots or less...

That's me Bubbatime - and I'm never sure how old the premix is in my gas can ... or looking for a way to get rid of it.
I normally do a few minutes of trimming limbs ... so I just want to keep my new saw starting like new for a long time ...
... going to give this a try.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
That's me Bubbatime - and I'm never sure how old the premix is in my gas can ... or looking for a way to get rid of it.

I always just dump the old pre-mix in my truck. No issues.

In the spring when I transition from blowing snow with my 2 cycle Toro to cutting grass I usually put the old 2 cycle fuel in a old 1980 Lawn Boy mower and have had no problems burning off the old gas. Last year I put some of it in my Stihl grass trimmer and it did not like the fuel so I played with small additions of Berryman B-12 to the fuel and after a month or so it was running normal. For small equipment I use ethanol free premium but have always wandered how fresh it is. So this year I bought a quart of the Trufuel premix at 50/1. I've put it in my trimmer and it has never run smoother. I know it's expensive but for the amount I use the trimmer the quart of fuel may last me the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back