Wait, WHAT? A Monster without a Trellis Frame NOOOOOO!

No Trellis frame on my Duck, either. Performance takes precedence over tradition.

As for Claudio, it's my impression that unlike lots of CEOs, he is an enthusiast of the products the company produces, and likes to ride them well. In order to ride a sportbike well, you ideally want to be physically fit. Which from what I've read is important to him.

No Trellis frame on my Duck, either. Performance takes precedence over tradition.

As for Claudio, it's my impression that unlike lots of CEOs, he is an enthusiast of the products the company produces, and likes to ride them well. In order to ride a sportbike well, you ideally want to be physically fit. Which from what I've read is important to him.

I'm kidding (sort of)

I can get the performance taking precedent over nostalgia on a Suberbike, a Monster less so. Still it has some nice features and still looks like a Monster .

Claudio did look a bit gaunt honestly, but didn't seem so much so in the later videos, glad he's fine. Maybe he had just been up several nights dreading the hate mail about the trellis frame.. :p

God I hope so... that would be the last straw... first water-cooled, then half a frame and then no timing belts? Whats next valve springs?
Yup, valve springs.
Their new V4 for the Multistrada does away with Desmodronic valves. Cycle World article

I mean, the Monster without a trellis frame and desmo valves is basically an SV650, at least the smaller displacement ones.

God I hope so... that would be the last straw... first water-cooled, then half a frame and then no timing belts? Whats next valve springs?

The 11° Testastretta L-twin has timing chains driving one cam in each head, which then drives the other cam in the respective head through gears.

Back