Wagon superiority thread

1678732325417.jpg

Submit my A3, somewhere between a hatchback and a true wagon. The rear window over the cargo area is characteristic of wagons, while the short rear overhang is more like a hatch. Audi called it "sportback". Regardless, I'm never parting with it.

View attachment 144872

Submit my A3, somewhere between a hatchback and a true wagon. The rear window over the cargo area is characteristic of wagons, while the short rear overhang is more like a hatch. Audi called it "sportback". Regardless, I'm never parting with it.
Yeah, this one is a condundrum for sure....really a 5-door hatch but whatever, we have a guy here posting Suburbans. Welcome brother.

Yeah, this one is a condundrum for sure....really a 5-door hatch but whatever, we have a guy here posting Suburbans. Welcome brother.
I mostly consider it a hatchback as well. It's a bit wagon-ier than a golf hatch and less so than a true golf wagon. Lol

When they're running right they're pure bliss to drive.
When they're not it's endless wallet raping and broken whisky bottles is the rear end.
Even with the TipTragic auto, it's a blast to drive. ~2.5 years now and there has been some wallet raping no-doubt. Next up is the balance shaft belt...even if I can find one!

Even with the TipTragic auto, it's a blast to drive. ~2.5 years now and there has been some wallet raping no-doubt. Next up is the balance shaft belt...even if I can find one!
is a balance shaft delete a thing? no more shaft, no more problems, just some rattling

One more for the wagon thread:
2004 V70R, AWD, active dampers developed by Ohlins and Motorola (would you believe it? but for 2004 this was ground breaking), Brembo brakes, 300hp (though software limited to 250hp in 'gear' 1 and 2) and plush seats. This is the R exclusive "flash green" paint (which looks more aqua / blue to me). 300kkm / 180k miles

20230627_134020-01~2.jpeg

20230627_134100-01~3.jpeg
20230627_134124-01~2.jpeg

I have been peeking at an 2012 Acura TSX wagon with 100k. If seller(physician) will come down in price I may go for it. I think solid cars with Honda 2.4 and 5 speed auto.
I like these. I hear they are somewhat gutless w/r to drivetrain (engine plus slush box auto) but I'd drive one!

Back