Wagner QS (quick stop) brake pads....quality?

Hi,

My 2017 Elantra is due for front brake pads and rotors. One local shop uses Wagner QS brake pads? Are they considered their lower end pads and mid quality?
I want to be sure the pads and rotors I get will be as least equal to, or even better than the Hyundai OEM's.
Anyone here use or have experience with the Wagner QS brake pads?

Thanks
Michael in NJ

Hi,

My 2017 Elantra is due for front brake pads and rotors. One local shop uses Wagner QS brake pads? Are they considered their lower end pads and mid quality?
I want to be sure the pads and rotors I get will be as least equal to, or even better than the Hyundai OEM's.

Thanks
Michael in NJ
Wagner Quickstop is an entry-level pad.

Ask for Genuine Hyundai Pads from the dealer. Independent shops love to say "our parts are made by the same supplier who makes them for your automaker." :cautious:

I'd pass on the Wagner QS and ask for Raybestos Element3. just make sure if they agree you see the parts, unless it is a trusted shop you have good dialog with.

Hi,

Thanks
Michael in NJ
My 07 F150 currently has almost 161K miles on it. At 92K miles (still had almost 4mm left) I installed Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads. The rotors were fine so no need to turn them or replace. I had my friend check them this past weekend and he said they had 6-7mm left.
The rear pads were replaced at 122K miles (still had 4mm) with Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads. The rotors were fine and didn't need to be turned or replaced. There was 8mm of pad left.
I have used Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads for years with NO problems at all. They virtually leave no dust on the wheels.
I do have a Q? though. They have a lifetime warranty on them. I have never kept a vehicle long enough to use the lifetime warranty. How does the warranty work? When they wear out are they replaced? :unsure:

Hi,

Thanks
Michael in NJ

Anything has to better than OEM Hyundai rotors, based on my experience with brakes on my 2011 Sonata. The front rotors were done at 32,000 miles. The dealer tried turning them twice (in two separate visits for brake issues). They said there was rust build up on them. They ended up taking them down too thin. They finally decided on my 3rd trip back in as many weeks that they owed me new rotors since they butchered the old ones. When I traded the car at 72,000 miles the rotors were needing to be replaced again.

Another vote here for Wagner Thermo-Quiets - good durable pads with low dust, great stopping and easy on the rotors!

Back