Wad Do ya THINK about no oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a long time ago I took my mom's car to a fast lube place for her, and they tried to sell me a new air filter. She had just gotten a major tune up done within that month, and the air filter had been done too! I bet a lot of people fall for their hard sales tactics.

This is the reason I change oil myself and do all the work that I am capable of myself.
In my case I even got taken by a mechanic who stole the R-12 refrigerant out of my Camry.
What ever happened to honesty?
(sorry for being off-topic)

Bill

Auto mechanics are truely the most dis-honest people IN GENERAL. There are a few exceptions out there, and when you find a good honest one, keep em!!

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
Auto mechanics are truely the most dis-honest people IN GENERAL. There are a few exceptions out there, and when you find a good honest one, keep em!!

No, that would be car DEALERS.
wink.gif

You mean a toyota tech drove off in a car with the red idiot light on and possiably a chime going off and the other techs just laughed.You sure you weren,t at a saturn dealer.By the way do all you guy,s in Texas take your cars to a dealer to do your own oil changes,in Canada we do our oil changes in front of our igaloo,s as long as there ain,t too much snow in the summer
canada.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
and they tried to sell me a new air filter. She had just gotten a major tune up done within that month,

Yup... I will say I did see it when the truck HAD ~~~
3K and my SECOND OCI
And I saw out of the corner of my eye... some rubbing going on... then when I turned around
the TECH told me my filter was dirty...
YES there was a ton of BLACK goop looked like oil
on the bottom edges of the filter, I asked to see the top and bottom and ther were pure white... so I declined.... he said it was too dirty...
I told him I change every 20-30K and sometimes even much more than that... he said its too dirty..
I told him to leave it alone or I would have the dealership and TOYOTA customer service explain why my filter was so dirty with what looks like oil when I have less than 3K on the OD.......
Well every time I went in including the first OCI they tried to get me to do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back