VP Racing Fuels Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK all you ATV riders out there, how many of you use a full fledged racing fuel in your rides, and do you use this particular brand, if so, which fuel, and if not, what do you use and why?

This is strictly for curiousity and conversation sake. I'm not looking for direct comparisons or particular reasons why one is better than another, but just why you chose what you did.
grin.gif

I don't race motocross anymore but when I did all I used was vp c-12 back when a barrell was only $250 deliverd to my garage. My brother still races and uses c-12 in his crf450, but mixes it 50/50 at 13:5:1 comp. Too expensive nowadays. I don't have much experiance with oxengynated race fuels like u4 and u2, but other people have used them with good results. Don't spill that stuff in a non venilated area. Vp was just easier for me to get. When I was in florida they had race gas pumps at most gas stations. Race gas keeps pistons so much cleaner than normal gas does.

i have run several barrels of Motorsports 103 through mine F. in my smoker days i ran C-12.
i run 100% race fuel, i do NOT mix it with pump swill.
2 races ago i ran some StreetBlaze 100.
i have been running Howell 002 and 001 for a while as well because i was getting it for $4 a gal.

if you want fuel specifics, i can give you the phone number for my buddy at VP Fuels.

Thanks sunruh! Sure and go ahead and PM that number.

I've been using Motorsport 109 in my daughter's, as that's what my local dealer of VP had in unleaded at the time. It's a Yamaha Raptor 50. Are there any other blends that you would recommend for it, leaded or unleaded?

i REALLY like VP fuel. in colder climates. their boil point isn't typically condusive to running it here in texas as the light ends will boil off just sitting in the garage.

1st, you don't need 109 octane. no way no how. well, ok if you are at 16:1 or more with a fancy sparker.

MRX01, U4.2, MR9 - very spendy and in that order.

Have used VP in the past. Never used another gallon after finding TrackTek by P66. TrackTek
Get a hold of Dr Redszus at Presicion Automotive Research for a discussion on fuels. They aren't a sponsor, so if you want a number, PM me. Dr. Dave knows more about fuels than any one person should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back