Vote on next change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a PF style oil showdown and the winner is next? Or, you could do rock paper scissors...who knows, you might end up with the same result?

Dump them all in a 55 gallon drum, stir, then refill all jugs from that. It will save a lot of time on future decision making.

Last edited:
Unless you're going UOAs on all of them, pick one and be happy. The ProDS would be my pick due to D1G2 for happy turbos and low LSPI.

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
The reason it matters is that the turbo GDI thing is still new to me and the auto world in general. I want to make sure I'm doing my part to get the best service out of this vehicle.

It doesn't matter. Any of those are fine. Before anyone spouts off a Ford "specification", they only recommend that. Big difference between recommend and require.

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
That's a cool link! By the way, it told me to use the Motorcraft.

Try it again. What's it say ? Try it again ? Now what's it say ?

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I'm going the other way-ANYTHING but the Motorcraft! The MC dino/synblend doesn't agree with my company Transit 250 3.7, at all. The Pro DS is good stuff, and seems to be cheaper than the other 2 (usually).

What does it do in your transit?

Originally Posted by Koncrete_Cam
Havoline ProDS or whichever is the oldest

Havoline ProDS for the value play.

I know it sounds crazy but I just couldn't make up my mind. I called the guy who does our oil analysis and asked his opinion. After hearing what he had to say I'm going with the Pro DS and a Wix/Napa gold filter for 5,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back