Vote on next change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 30,000 mile service to do on the wife's 2018 2.0T Escape. I'll be changing the trans and PTU fluid as well. I can't make up my mind on what oil to use.
In my stock I have
1. Motorcraft 5w30
2. Havoline Pro DS 5w30
3. Napa Synthetic 5w30
4 Amsoil OE 5w30.

I can't make up my mind on which to use. The filter will probably be a FL910s motorcraft. I'd like to pick one and stick with it but we all know thats not going to happen. The OCI is 5k since it has a turbo and direct injection. It's on motorcraft or some store brand syn right now and does't use any oil. For the Trans and PTU i'm using motorcraft.

Go with the AMSOIL since you are doing so much other stuff - starting from kind of a clean page, so to speak with fluids.

Amsoil.

But I never saw the point in the Amsoil OE. When I buy Amsoil products (mostly ATF and gear oil) I always buy the top shelf.

If I want something less than top shelf there is plenty at Walmart (and there is top shelf there also) so no need to go to Amsoil.

Does it really matter? Don't understand why you'd even need to vote on it. I'm sure you're going to use it all sooner or later, so what's the difference which order you use it in, it's all the same grade oil.

Copy & paste this:

1. Motorcraft 5w30
2. Havoline Pro DS 5w30
3. Napa Synthetic 5w30
4 Amsoil OE 5w30.

Into THIS site and click on random choice.

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
I've got a 30,000 mile service to do on the wife's 2018 2.0T Escape. I'll be changing the trans and PTU fluid as well. I can't make up my mind on what oil to use.
In my stock I have
1. Motorcraft 5w30
2. Havoline Pro DS 5w30
3. Napa Synthetic 5w30
4 Amsoil OE 5w30.

I can't make up my mind on which to use. The filter will probably be a FL910s motorcraft. I'd like to pick one and stick with it but we all know thats not going to happen. The OCI is 5k since it has a turbo and direct injection. It's on motorcraft or some store brand syn right now and does't use any oil. For the Trans and PTU i'm using motorcraft.

I always use oldest stock first.

Originally Posted by madeej11
Does it really matter? Don't understand why you'd even need to vote on it. I'm sure you're going to use it all sooner or later, so what's the difference which order you use it in, it's all the same grade oil.

Not all for this car though. That's just my oils I have in 5w30. Some will go in other family vehicles. The reason it matters is that the turbo GDI thing is still new to me and the auto world in general. I want to make sure I'm doing my part to get the best service out of this vehicle. Cars are expensive!

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Copy & paste this:

1. Motorcraft 5w30
2. Havoline Pro DS 5w30
3. Napa Synthetic 5w30
4 Amsoil OE 5w30.

Into THIS site and click on random choice.

That's a cool link! By the way, it told me to use the Motorcraft.

I'm going the other way-ANYTHING but the Motorcraft! The MC dino/synblend doesn't agree with my company Transit 250 3.7, at all. The Pro DS is good stuff, and seems to be cheaper than the other 2 (usually).

Not all for this car though. That's just my oils I have in 5w30. Some will go in other family vehicles. The reason it matters is that the turbo GDI thing is still new to me and the auto world in general. I want to make sure I'm doing my part to get the best service out of this vehicle. Cars are expensive!

Oh, well then. Pick the one that has the Ford spec for your engine (I don't remember if it's -A or -B). If they don't have the Ford spec then pick the one that is SN+ AND dex1 Gen2. Those would be the best for your TGDI.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx

Oh, well then. Pick the one that has the Ford spec for your engine (I don't remember if it's -A or -B). If they don't have the Ford spec then pick the one that is SN+ AND dex1 Gen2. Those would be the best for your TGDI.

Yep X 2 to the reply ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pro DS and Napa Synthetic are the only ones that are Dexos1 gen2 licensed so I guess it's a coin flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back