VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be appropriate I think if people reserved this section for posting VOA reports from labs. These ridiculous "what does someone want to see" or "does anybody have a?" are not VOA's. I'm tired of wasting my time clicking on this frivolous nonsense. Can we please reserve this Virgin Oil Analysis section for the posting of Virgin Oil Analysis?

What's wrong with "what do people want to see?" At least someone is contributing. And come on obviously that thread doesn't contain an actual VOA, don't click on it. Why make a thread, in the VOA forum, without a VOA, about not posting threads without VOAs in the VOA forum? Where do you suggest these topics are to be posted?

This isn't your personal bitiching thread, keep it to yourself.

Originally Posted By: johnbottilaw
It would be appropriate I think if people reserved this section for posting VOA reports from labs. These ridiculous "what does someone want to see" or "does anybody have a?" are not VOA's. I'm tired of wasting my time clicking on this frivolous nonsense. Can we please reserve this Virgin Oil Analysis section for the posting of Virgin Oil Analysis?

Physician heal thyself.

What's wrong with it is that nobody is ever going to post what they want to see anyways.

The reason for the thread is to get people to stop doing it so you can cruise through and see VOA's.

Sounds to me like you are the one [censored]. I would just like to see VOA's here, and not wishful thinking. I thought that was what this section was for, the posting of VOA data, and then comments thereupon. It used to be that way. Now when I check in, it is conjecture about no data. Surely another forum would be better.

It would have probably been more constructive to PM the Owner/Webmasterm and Admin...now they may just look at this thread as general complaining. :2cents:

There are maybe 3 VOA threads in a week. If it's enough of a problem for you to click maybe 1 or 2 non-VOA threads per week then maybe your medication needs adjusted.

Originally Posted By: Taylor
What's wrong with "what do people want to see?" At least someone is contributing. And come on obviously that thread doesn't contain an actual VOA, don't click on it. Why make a thread, in the VOA forum, without a VOA, about not posting threads without VOAs in the VOA forum? Where do you suggest these topics are to be posted?

Contributing how? And I disagree that it is obvious as to which contain VOA's and those that do not. Some that contain a question in the title do infer that it is gibberish inside and no data. But some do not infer that. The name of this forum is virgin oil analysis. Not analysis I would like to see if I wasn't too cheap to pay to have it done. You can say I am [censored], but I put my money where my mouth is. Look at my posting history and you will see that i have probably posted 30 VOA's in the past few years. Maybe I am a [censored], but al least I am not a chattering cheapskate. What do you bring to the table?

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
It's usually pretty obvious that those threads do not actually contain any UOA's, so perhaps you should just not click on them?

Usually it is obvious but not always. But even when it is, A virgin oil analysis forum should be filled with Virgin oil analysis. At least that is what I think. I respectfully disagree.

Originally Posted By: johnbottilaw
Originally Posted By: Taylor

Contributing how? And I disagree that it is obvious as to which contain VOA's and those that do not. Some that contain a question in the title do infer that it is gibberish inside and no data. But some do not infer that. The name of this forum is virgin oil analysis. Not analysis I would like to see if I wasn't too cheap to pay to have it done. You can say I am [censored], but I put my money where my mouth is. Look at my posting history and you will see that i have probably posted 30 VOA's in the past few years. Maybe I am a [censored], but al least I am not a chattering cheapskate. What do you bring to the table?

I've only been here a year and I've posted over ten, that's nither here nor there. I'm not here to argue who's posted more. I agree sometimes it can get a bit cluttered, but your not helping! Obviously zz can't post every single voa everyone wants, but he has posted a few of which people wanted to see.

I've only been here a year and I've posted over ten, that's nither here nor there. I'm not here to argue who's posted more. I agree sometimes it can get a bit cluttered, but your not helping! Obviously zz can't post every single voa everyone wants, but he has posted a few of which people wanted to see. [/quote]

You are absolutely right, didn't help at all. But... I still feel like it was worth saying. The days of pure VOA analysis in this sub-forum may well be over. Oh well, it is not the end of the world. But, I still think if someone did the equivalent in the UOA section he or she would be run out of town. :) The consensus seems to be that anything goes in here now. Majority rules, without a doubt. And true, it is only a minor inconvenience having to wade through the babble, I guess I am getting lazy in old age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back