VOA - Total Quartz 5w40 9000 Energy - SN - 2023

cptbarkey

$50 site donor 2024
Hello, I was able to buy a bit of this oil along with other BITOG members from the deal section. As a thank you I submitted 3 Total Quartz VOAs. Here is the first one. There was another VOA done in 2019 for 5w40, but the formulation has changed since then. Enjoy. Previous VOA https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/total-quartz-9000-energy-5w40.319694/

VOA - Total Quartz 5w40 9000 Energy - SN - 2023

1694798409198.png

1694798259647.png
1694798235219.png

Very similar to the 0W-30 I'm using, which also has a MB229.5 approval.

Edit: I chose that oil because it is kinda different: the TBN is 8.8 to 9, so halfway between a typical A3/B4 and a C3 and because the 0W-30 grade consists partially of PAO base oil. I used it in a light duty diesel application before I got a gas engined car.

Last edited:
That appears to be good dose of Ca. Did you get an email regarding your results or did you need to call them to get it? I had to call them on the last one. Thanks for doing this.

That appears to be good dose of Ca. Did you get an email regarding your results or did you need to call them to get it? I had to call them on the last one. Thanks for doing this.
Yes sir, email with pdf attachment from [email protected]. The email name kind of implies software behind the delivery, probably a content management system of some sort. Maybe it moved to a spam folder?

Yes sir, email with pdf attachment from [email protected]. The email name kind of implies software behind the delivery, probably a content management system of some sort. Maybe it moved to a spam folder?
Probably just a busy week for them perhaps. It didn't go to spam but it's a good idea to check that first. ALS is a big testing company that's for sure.

Very similar to VOA from Polaris lab that I did see, only visco little different (14,9 / 91,3).

Have you done a UOA on this oil? This stuff is on close out at Advance Autoparts and dirt cheap.

Back