Virgin Mazda 0w-20 w/moly Idemitsu SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's only because Mazda has entered an agreement with Castrol. If it were me, I would exclusively use the Mazda 0-20. It's pretty inexpensive, and its a GF-5/Sn with tons of moly and boron....220 VI to boot.

I have already notified my dealer's SA who does not stock it (they only stock the old Mazda 0/20 version), but can get the GF5 at some crazy high price as special order, that I should be allowed to bring my own Mazda GF5 0/20 oil when they service my wife's 2014 Mazda 6 in the future.
He agreed.

...Now, where's the best online price for this oil?
smile.gif

I would drive to Raleigh, but I just can't trust dealer parts people anymore. I asked the LOCAL dealership and the SA says yep we have it, and of course they NEVER had it, as I found out after the oil change on my wife's 2014. I am just afraid the other dealer SAs are the same, and I would drive from Fayetteville to Raleigh for nothing...

I have this Mazda w/Molly oil in my 2013 Accord I4 but the OLM just turn to 40% so it will be a while before I changed it and do a UOA.

Anyway, I asked my local Mazda parts department about Mazda switching to Castrol. He said he was unaware of it but would not be suspired as Mazda and been doing things to lower costs.

I picked up 5 quarts of the oil for my upcoming change. List price was $8.60/quart and he sold it for $7.31/quart.

Ran similar stuff in the Subaru. Nothing special except on paper. The oils runs Really thin and noisy. QSUD or PU or Similar will do you just fine. Ow20 "reallyZ" dont meet GF5 for piston deposits - they get a pass

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Ran similar stuff in the Subaru. Nothing special except on paper. The oils runs Really thin and noisy.

"Really thin and noisy" sounds really subjective.
Idemitsu has made a number of different 0W-20s.
I've run the original Honda high moly 200 VI GF-4 0W-20 in my track car that's spec'd for 5W-50 with great results and it proved to be a bit heavier than TGMO based on oil pressure. The engine was as quite as on any other oil I've run.
The whole purpose of these high VI 0W-20s is to be very light, particularly on start-up.

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
TGMO ran noisy in my Crosstrek....just changed it out with Royal Purple and engine does sound a bit quieter

And what does have to do MGMO 0W-20?
Why don't you run a VOA or even a UOA on RP 0W-20 and post your subjective observations there?

Is the Mazda 0w20 with moly in the US and Canada identical?

I could get the mazda 0w20 with moly from my local dealership for under $7 per liter... I think its a pretty good deal!
smile.gif

Just for the know.
I contacted Idemitsu Canada, they say the MGMO in Canada is Idemitsu base stock but Petro has to be the blender, Transport Canada, Mitsu, Idemitsu and Petro Can were parties to the less than ideal answer.
Mitsu told me (all over the phone) Transport Canada has really strange rules with OEM blended oils.
Idemitsu wanted to supply a much more robust oil, Transport Canada put a stop to it and made Mitsu deal with Petro Can.
Politics in Oil sucks. Especially when the end product could have been much better.
This what I was told by Mitsu and Idemitsu. Over the phone.

Originally Posted By: Koz1
Just for the know.
I contacted Idemitsu Canada, they say the MGMO in Canada is Idemitsu base stock but Petro has to be the blender, Transport Canada, Mitsu, Idemitsu and Petro Can were parties to the less than ideal answer.
Mitsu told me (all over the phone) Transport Canada has really strange rules with OEM blended oils.
Idemitsu wanted to supply a much more robust oil, Transport Canada put a stop to it and made Mitsu deal with Petro Can.
Politics in Oil sucks. Especially when the end product could have been much better.
This what I was told by Mitsu and Idemitsu. Over the phone.

That makes absolutely no sense to me.
Honda, Acura, Subaru and Mitsubishi all use Idemitsu USA bottled oil that's imported into Canada.
You can rest assured the Petro-Canada made Mazda Canada 0W-20 is the same as PCs own 0W-20.

I thought it was so strange I had to post it.
Maybe there are some new rules that only came into effect recently, Im guessing.
Idemitsu wanted to do it supply the Moly GF-5 but was blocked.
Thats all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back