Virgin Mazda 0w-20 w/moly Idemitsu SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier posters stated that some of the Mazda dealerships use Castrol. If the Mazda oil were inferior why even go to the trouble of upgrading the spec and adding all that moly? The numbers tell a different story, honestly. But, I doubt you could go wrong with any 0W-20 synthetic.

Most of the ones in my area are using M1 0W-20, and have never even heard of the high moly/high VI Idemitsu stuff despite it being a Mazda labelled product. Go figure.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
The Mazda 0-20 is available at your nearest Mazda dealer and if they aren't stocking it yet they can certainly order it in.

Most of them in my immediate area looked at me like I belonged in a straight jacket when I asked if they could even order it into their parts dept.
mad.gif

The stuff I bought at my Mazda dealer was nearly all they had. They said they keep a couple of cases around for people like me and that they could order it when I want it. Otherwise, they use whatever their bulk oil is for the service department. I didn't think to ask at the time what the bulk oil was. Next time.

Originally Posted By: ECS
I called a local Mazda dealer yesterday, asking for a quote on an oil change for my son's Civic with the Mazda branded 0w20. Was told they prefer to use a Valvoline synthetic that is far superior to the Mazda that's almost half as much. Said the only thing the Mazda branded stuff does is cost more. LOL.

I wouldn't even let them change my oil after that

I find it hilarious that these manufacturers go to the trouble to spec out their own lubricants and then it seems like half the bloody dealerships won't use them.

For example:

1. My Ford dealer uses Mobil 1. They have Mobil banners EVERYWHERE, Mobil business cards....etc.

2. My Chrysler dealer (where I buy my M1 0w-40 and bought my M5) uses Mobil 1 exclusively. They bring it in by the skid and must keep thousands of litres of it.... IN BOTTLES in stock. They don't use bulk oil. Everything comes from a bottle (yes, this would be a good place to get an oil change from.... they only use Mopar or whatever the brand of your vehicle is brand filters too....).

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I find it hilarious that these manufacturers go to the trouble to spec out their own lubricants and then it seems like half the bloody dealerships won't use them.

Excellent point!

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Does ANYONE know if the U.S. Mazda dealers are supposed to have/offer this stuff ON THE SHELF in their parts departments, and NOT just in bulk in the service areas??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My local Mazda dealers have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER what I am even asking for, and do not even have the older, low moly/V.I., Mazda branded Idemitsu stuff in quart bottles anymore.
confused2.gif
mad.gif
(I guess they expect one to pay boutique oil prices for their garbage bulk oils in their oil changes?)

It is easier to find/get Sustina/Elf/Millers/etc. than to get this stuff, it seems.
frown.gif

No problem in my area. I gave him the part number when I called. I asked if they recently got it in when I was at the dealer. He said they had it for awhile.

Haven't used it yet, but I bought a case of it yesterday at a Mazda dealership. Looking forward to my first oil change in the new '6 : )

Interesting trying to find this stuff... the Mazda dealership in town had never heard of it - the parts guy thought it was the same as the stuff he had on the shelf. Um no, mr parts department guy, part number 0000-G5-0W20-MQ is NOT the same as part number 0000-G5-0W20-QT, you of all people should know this.

So I contacted 3 other Mazda dealerships in the area. One in particular stocks it but was sold out at the time, but parts guy told me he'd notify me when they got their next shipment in... what do you know, he actually did. So if anyone in the Milwaukee area is looking for the stuff, PM me and I can tell you where to find it ; )

I was about to get some Idemitsu 0w20 gal jugs at AutohausAZ...till I stumbled upon this thread. Thank guys for this thread and this Mazda Moly 0w20 info.

Looong time, no post for me here at BITOG...
laugh.gif

Got myself a 2014 6 Touring 6MT (finally got rid of the old Mannolator/GC 0w30'ed 1.8T Passat)...now if I could find some 0000-G5-0W20-MQ for the first OC (long ways still @ 306mi on the odo) I'll call this dealer at Puente Hills, CA. They have a 10%off promo for Mazda DIY'ers on Genuine Mazda stuff.

I still have a substantial stash of GC 0w30, Mobil 1, Valvoline Synpower and Motul E-Tech 0w40 for the old 1.8T..need to get rid of it. Obviously can't use it on my Sky-Activ 6.

At 475mi currently, I won't be doing it anytime soon..though I plan to get a UOA for sure. Btw, I checked the dipstick this AM. The oil still looks VERY clean (somewhat yellowish green tinge). Fresh-like appearance of oil, the same look of oil on my old 1.8T that is only...15mi old.

Originally Posted By: vwoom
At 475mi currently, I won't be doing it anytime soon..though I plan to get a UOA for sure. Btw, I checked the dipstick this AM. The oil still looks VERY clean (somewhat yellowish green tinge). Fresh-like appearance of oil, the same look of oil on my old 1.8T that is only...15mi old.

You mentioned the green tint, when I drained the ff on our Mazda I noticed the oil was green, does anyone know if that is a dye from the factory for finding leaks? or is that the color of the Mazda oil with moly?

I'm planning to keep the Moly FF for 6mos(or 7.5K, whichever 1st)/OCI to help seat the ring packs, etc..but I have (3) PE01-14-302 OEM Sky-Activ oil filters coming in by next Fri.

One will surely be used before month 6..followed by "Mr Blackstone".
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back