Vinyl dash kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking to add some zip to my car,i may have to sell it and was tinkering with putting on a wood grain dash kit,vinyl of course.
Anyone ever use a kit like that?Saw some a ebay.
I figure it can add a bit of zip instead of the old factory looking dash.
2005 Impala,35,600 miles.Just a few very minor surface scratches.
Car is great but being out of work has made things...tough.
I may list it on C.L.

It's just my opinion but, doing that would hurt the resale value. How about a good wash and wash, tire shine and vacuum and shampoo the interior.

+1 on the clean and shine.

With only 35k, you've got a low mileage Impala for a 2005. I would be hesitant to "invest" in trying to raise it's value, as the costs may not come back to you.

All the best on getting re-employed, too...that sounds like the preferred option.

Hit the dash with anything but ArmorAll
smile.gif
... Mother's new VLR, Surf City Dash Away, 303, to name a few.

Doing the normal sending of resume's and what calls to those i can make,many DON'T like a person bothering them over the phone for follow up's as i can understand to a point.
I do the usual vacuum,try to keep it as clean as i can and as shiney as i can w/o a wax.Been looking for some mothers quick shine products.Found some old but clean carpets,i cut and put in the trunk,floor mats to helps keep things clean,they look nice and trim.
Now then...i'd like to get some touch up paint but for the silver/grey it is and the bottle they gave me when i bought it is dark gray,NOT my color.Anyone know where to look for those small paint touch up bottles??The car is sharp but for those smaller issues.
Heck...i've seen some '05's go for about $7-$8k with 85,000+ miles on them...yikes!Base like mine is,well it's a base with other options but if it had a 3.8 and better rims it's a Ls so it's close to an Ls but in a technical term a base.
Have a few small scratches i'd like to clean up,never used the buffing compounds etc so i don't want to venture there w/o knowing about them.
It's TOUGH folks,looking for work...ANY work will do.Smaller towns are NOT good for much but the quiet and i've been sending some to chicagoland (when i find a job i can do).Been mainly a brunswick bowling mechanic and building maintenance with some odd p/t things along the way for x-tra cash.Today i put in 2,one for a new furnature store and one for a new food store,both only about 14 to 18 miles away so that's nice but...juuuust give me a job.I keep looking every day for something!My buddy is a out of work union electrician with no prospects and pounds the internet/pavement also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back