Veterans Day! - Thank you for your service

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They gave all of their tomorrows so that we can have today" Best thing I have ever heard at a Memorial Day service at Saint Boniface Cemetery in Elgin,Nebraska.My wife and I are going to try a new Chinese restaurant that just opened here. Hope I see someone there in uniform. No one in uniform pays if I am there. The opportunity presents itself once or twice a year. I like to do that as I still haven't got over how this country treated returning Vietnam vets. Thank you to all who put on the uniform."The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." I hope Mr. Trump understands that.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

-"We will remember them."

For all who served & for all those who continue to serve in our armed forces or serve as Peace Officers in our communities - thank you all on this Remembrance Day. I marched alongside my retired father today (he served his Nation for thirty-seven years & I am up to twenty-five now, which is hard to believe). I watched a WWll veteran lay a wreath at the Cenotaph for his fallen comrades & he was barely able to do it - but he did!. A Korean Conflict veteran also laid a wreath & it wasn't easy for him to do so. All of this was done in a cold, November rain. Quite the day!

John.

Let us all hope that the incoming administration will build the military up to what it was fifteen years ago. We can reach out to other countries but we must remember December 7, 1941. Thank you #43897 and also your father for serving. Didn't see anyone in uniform to buy dinner but the opportunity will presents itself sometime soon. Our local Hy-Vee supermarket is offering free breakfast for all veterans beginning Thursday and continuing through Saturday. . The separate screened off area was packed and there were plenty of war stories being told. I like to see that. I hope all those vets I saw there this morning know the country loves them and appreciates the sacrifice they made.

I called my father and thanked him, and emailed my son who is underway and will be leaving shortly for deployment #5.

34.gif

Thank You to all Veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back