VETERANS Day 2023

Salute to all our Veterans.🇺🇲
1699721696519.png

1699722130781.jpg

Last edited:
General MacArthur said it best a long time ago. We just fade away. I never expected a ticker tape parade when I enlisted in the USN in 1969-1975. I just did what I thought was best at the time. Father Time, regardless of what we say, erodes memories, and replaces accomplishments that were so important at the time with a complacency of status quo. Maybe I’m wrong, hope so.

General MacArthur said it best a long time ago. We just fade away. I never expected a ticker tape parade when I enlisted in the USN in 1969-1975. I just did what I thought was best at the time. Father Time, regardless of what we say, erodes memories, and replaces accomplishments that were so important at the time with a complacency of status quo. Maybe I’m wrong, hope so.
I Thank Yiu for your service. US NAVY 2002-2006. My uncle Bob was in Vietnam from fall 1968 to 1972 and came back. 1st infantry US ARMY

It looks like that old Sgt. helped liberate France. Does anyone know his story?

Who is the officer?
I studied the veteran's hat. It suggests that he was part of the D- Day invasion at Normandy. I don't see any jump or glider wings, so that may imply he was part of one of the following below divisions. Of note, how few divisions the US Army has today. On thing for sure-that Veteran more likely than not gave it all and more in extreme conditions, beyond comprehension- for a country where individuals can live fully with life, liberty- and most importantly- the ability to choose their own density by their actions, and not by a government. I take my hat off to that WII Veteran.

It is so very humbling to see WWII and like vets and what they sacrificed for the future generations of the US.

1st Infantry Division
2nd Infantry Division
4th Infantry Division
5th Infantry Division
8th Infantry Division
9th Infantry Division
28th Infantry Division
29th Infantry Division
30th Infantry Division
35th Infantry Division
79th Infantry Division
83rd Infantry Division
90th Infantry Division
2nd Armored Division
3rd Armored Division
4th Armored Division
5th Armored Division
6th Armored Division

Last edited:
These are members of the American crew of surrendered U-boat UB-88. They took over the former German submarine in Harwich, England in April 1919 and sailed it to Bremerton, Washington, on the U.S. Pacific coast. That was quite a journey, and these men in the UB-88 engine room kept the boat going. This photo was taken by electrician Charles Turner, another member of the crew, who kept a diary of the cruise. The diary is pretty skimpy on details, but his photographs tell the story of that epic voyage.

399680338_739350624890005_2881832982478899038_n.jpg

It looks like that old Sgt. helped liberate France. Does anyone know his story?

Who is the officer?
Major General (R) Broadwater.

Distinguished Military Graduate (DMG) from the University of Kentucky. MG Broadwater commanded the 1st CAV DIV, which likely ended upward movement in his Army future. His last job in the Army was Deputy Commanding General of V Corps.

MG Broadwater is a graduate of the Scout Platoon Leader’s Course, Ranger School, the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, and the National War College. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Kentucky in Mathematics, a Master of Science degree in Applied Mathematics from the Naval Post Graduate School, and a Master of Science degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the National Defense University. MG Broadwater’s awards and decorations include the Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Ranger Tab, Master Parachutist Badge, and Combat Action Badge.

Major General (R) Broadwater.

Distinguished Military Graduate (DMG) from the University of Kentucky. MG Broadwater commanded the 1st CAV DIV, which likely ended upward movement in his Army future. His last job in the Army was Deputy Commanding General of V Corps.

MG Broadwater is a graduate of the Scout Platoon Leader’s Course, Ranger School, the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, and the National War College. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Kentucky in Mathematics, a Master of Science degree in Applied Mathematics from the Naval Post Graduate School, and a Master of Science degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the National Defense University. MG Broadwater’s awards and decorations include the Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Ranger Tab, Master Parachutist Badge, and Combat Action Badge.
Dont know of that Major but will look into him and his career. I am watching live airing of To Hell and Back - Audie Murphy's WWII stories.

Back