Vehicles with room for three car seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost every family car or SUV has room for 2 seats. We need a McLaren with 3 passenger seats, not two. I saw my first Mercedes McLaren other day in Jacksonville. Nice car-no room for baby seats though.

I have three car seat's in my Camry. It was $17,000 and it is nicely equiped. Power seats, cloth interior 6 or 8 speaker sound system with CD,Cassete,Radio A/C and a nice 2.4 4 cylinder!

quote:

Make sure everyone is buckled in then off you go. Whew.. This is why I hate going anywhere lately.

You bring back memories of being Mr. Mom. My wife and I worked different shifts. Slinging a diaper bag over my shoulder and carting one child was a challenge at first. I never was as good as she was at getting stuff done while so encumbered ..but I could manage ...just took me longer. It's like being under fire, I guess ...looks different from this end of things
dunno.gif

Child rearing is a career for the young. I don't mind ..in fact I enjoy being a grandfather and playing "second string" ...you're only in the game for a short duration anyway. Your output curve can be quite high.

THe trunk on my Camry will hold more then the wifes Buick Lasaber. To add insult to injury the trunk will also swallow larger items then the Buick. THe Camry is easier to get in and out of as well. I am 6'2" and a 1/2 and am built like a pro-football player. I have a hard time getting in and out of the Buick because of the seat to door opening relation ship.

quote:

Gary Allen
Go forth and multiply
shocked.gif
How in the heck did you (the couple of you) manage to get three kids all in car seats at the same time
confused.gif

since my state requires kids up to 8 to be in a seat/booster it's really easy. My kids are 4,3, and 10 months.

For your age range, most mid-sized to Large vehicles will handle 3 seats. It will be a tight fit. We used to do it in an Alero with 2 forward-facing toddler seats, and 1 booster. We also did it in an Explorer. Take your tape measure: measures your seats side-by-side, and then measure the seat in the vehicle of your choice. I'm sure a dealer would be more than happy to let you "test fit" your car sears prior to purchasing. I agree with others that the Frod 500 would be a great starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back