Vehicle prices at my local Jeep/Ram

What do you get out of constantly bashing your employer and now former employer ? You had plenty years to quit - yet, stayed …
As for Mopar - they seem compelled to produce these extreme vehicles that can’t possibly be good for the future of ICE …
Not bashing - just NOT being biased there is a difference. Back when I was praising GM this same BITOG crew bashed me as being a fanboy and so now I am just telling it as I see it and that's an issue too? As for extreme vehicles made by Mopar..what do to mean - people WANT those and buy them. GM makes them as well - all the V series and Blackwings for example. SO - being non biased here! lol

Last edited:
Not bashing - just NOT being biased there is a difference. Back when I was praising GM this same BITOG crew bashed me as being a fanboy and so now I am just telling it as I see it and that's an issue too? As for extreme vehicles made by Mopar..what do to mean - people WANT those and buy them. GM makes them as well - all the V series and Blackwings for example. SO - being non biased here! lol
Would you consider an ultimate 3500 Denali an extreme machine? In Canada they list at $130k which is about $100k USD and dealers can’t keep them on the lots. One DRW 3500 I looked at yesterday had a window sticker of $115 and a sold sign on the dash. New 235/80/18s, which is a step in the right direction, where as 295/55/22s would be perfect. Just add tires and wheels to the monthly payment. Oh, and an ARE canopy. I’ll use the line of credit on my house to make the payments.

Last edited:
the wagoneer and grand wagoneer are icons of the automotive world. just like the chevrolet suburban. the suburban has pioneered the full size suv and the wagoneer the luxury suv. they are expensive. my niece has bought a fully loaded suburban a month ago, and it was stolen less than 24 hours after she took possession of the vehicle. resale value of the high end jeep models is very high.

highlights the actual purpose: Stylin' and Profilin'.
IMG_4705.gif

Would you consider an ultimate 3500 Denali an extreme machine? In Canada they list at $130k which is about $100k USD and dealers can’t keep them on the lots. One DRW 3500 I looked at yesterday had a window sticker of $115 and a sold sign on the dash. New 235/80/18s, which is a step in the right direction, where as 295/55/22s would be perfect. Just add tires and wheels to the monthly payment. Oh, and an ARE canopy. I’ll use the line of credit on my house to make the payments.
I didn't use originally use the term extreme machines, that was used 4WD whom I was referring to. I don't know what he meant...but he specifically mentioned Mopar so I assume he is referring to things like the Hellcat and TRX vehicles. Makes no sense because GM and Ford make those extreme vehicles too. I the term is used for pricing (say 70k+) then I think there are tons of extreme machines made by most auto makers.

What do you get out of constantly bashing your employer and now former employer ? You had plenty years to quit - yet, stayed …
As for Mopar - they seem compelled to produce these extreme vehicles that can’t possibly be good for the future of ICE …
I forgot to address your comment about the time worked at GM and my attitude. I loved working there up until the last few years when lots of bad decisions and the workplace turned terrible - I left at that point because I had the years of service and was ready..... NOT as you said...."plenty of years to quit yet stayed". Just wanted to clarify that important point because I really didn't appreciate your comment based on what you do not know about me.

Reactions: D60
I forgot to address your comment about the time worked at GM and my attitude. I loved working there up until the last few years when lots of bad decisions and the workplace turned terrible - I left at that point because I had the years of service and was ready..... NOT as you said...."plenty of years to quit yet stayed". Just wanted to clarify that important point because I really didn't appreciate your comment based on what you do not know about me.
What I do know is that your pattern is several years old - the years I bought my SUV’s - whatever “few” is … if I was not an independent thinker - you would have turned me to Mopar (been there, done that)
As for my comments on Mopar ? they have dropped insane horsepower in many vehicles I have to share roads with - including the one that left the cops and helicopters behind … I use that road.
I think all companies have used junky little “Renegade” equivalent vehicles to CAFE their way to insane HP - but IMO Mopar has been the worse as shown in TV commercials that Ethan Couch must have produced …
One of the Moderators has also commented on the engine competition on public streets as tracks close down …

Last edited:
I didn't use originally use the term extreme machines, that was used 4WD whom I was referring to. I don't know what he meant...but he specifically mentioned Mopar so I assume he is referring to things like the Hellcat and TRX vehicles. Makes no sense because GM and Ford make those extreme vehicles too. I the term is used for pricing (say 70k+) then I think there are tons of extreme machines made by most auto makers.
Extreme is the most overused word in the dictionary. It should be reserved for an engine that runs on nitromethane or has a thousand horsepower nitrous kit and military aircraft that are slingshot from a carrier.

What I do know is that your pattern is several years old - the years I bought my SUV’s - whatever “few” is … if I was not an independent thinker - you would have turned me to Mopar (been there, done that)
As for my comments on Mopar ? they have dropped insane horsepower in many vehicles I have to share roads with - including the one that left the cops and helicopters behind … I use that road.
I think all companies have used junky little “Renegade” equivalent vehicles to CAFE their way to insane HP - but IMO Mopar has been the worse as shown in TV commercials that Ethan Couch must have produced …
One of the Moderators has also commented on the engine competition on public streets as tracks close down …
There have always been insanely fast cars available to the public to purchase.....this is not a new thing. You sharing the road has nothing to do with the power (extreme as you say) of the vehicle next to you. There will always be irresponsible people so that is no reason to not allow responsible people to own fast cars or guns. Think about this - all these new EV's are FASTER than most all these "extreme" ICE vehicles...oh no what are you gonna do with them sharing the road with you?? Do you hog the left lane to slow down people too? The mere fact that I gave my honest opinion on MOPAR vehicles that I actually own is just that - my opinion which I have a right to based on my experiences. Same with you - it goes both ways. You making a statement that I almost turned you to Mopar had you not been an "independent thinker" makes no sense at all. I certainly do not care what you spend your money on because you have different experiences. Mine are based on my extensive knowledge of GM vehicles, ownership of hundreds of vehicles and running a successful indy repair shop - I see the good and bad and GM is at the bottom. Instead of being critical of me you should recognize my open mind and honesty. I know what GM does better than anybody else and I know where they fail. I have no issue with you, you are a stand up guy from what I have seen over the years - just so surprised how you jumped on me with (in my opinion) BS.

Personally I would rather buy a home for $100k in a rural area, than a fast depreciating vehicle for 100k.

A good financial strategy is to refuse to pay for anything that is overpriced whether it be vehicles, homes, stocks, appliances,
and instead to find the low priced alternative that is just as good or even better.

There have always been insanely fast cars available to the public to purchase.....this is not a new thing. You sharing the road has nothing to do with the power (extreme as you say) of the vehicle next to you. There will always be irresponsible people so that is no reason to not allow responsible people to own fast cars or guns. Think about this - all these new EV's are FASTER than most all these "extreme" ICE vehicles...oh no what are you gonna do with them sharing the road with you?? Do you hog the left lane to slow down people too? The mere fact that I gave my honest opinion on MOPAR vehicles that I actually own is just that - my opinion which I have a right to based on my experiences. Same with you - it goes both ways. You making a statement that I almost turned you to Mopar had you not been an "independent thinker" makes no sense at all. I certainly do not care what you spend your money on because you have different experiences. Mine are based on my extensive knowledge of GM vehicles, ownership of hundreds of vehicles and running a successful indy repair shop - I see the good and bad and GM is at the bottom. Instead of being critical of me you should recognize my open mind and honesty. I know what GM does better than anybody else and I know where they fail. I have no issue with you, you are a stand up guy from what I have seen over the years - just so surprised how you jumped on me with (in my opinion) BS.
Expected response - extensive ! - Really, you just have some issue with the former factory managers … it’s quite visible …
You make it about an entire company … Not me …
To me Mopar (that word for stability - married more times than Liz Taylor) is an irresponsible company - my opinion of an entire company - big difference to use someone’s terms …

Last edited:
Sometimes, It's about whether you view a car as a utilitarian device, or a status symbol.

Ego's sell cars too.

Without having a frame of reference, as in what are pre-2020 numbers for daily repo's, this number is probably useless.
That, and knowing used vehicle inventory now vs pre-2020 would give us a better understanding.
The firm data ends in 2020.

We are on a trend for ~7 million this year (which we all know is wildly off given repos start and stop in a surprisingly seasonal way) y but still we know we are far above any historical rate and the “value” of repod vehicles is 5x normal

AKA the old trend was that primarily overpriced beaters got repo’d, now it’s primarily new high end getting repod

IMG_4260.jpeg

Back