Vehicle pranks amongst friends

Friend at work started putting bumper stickers on my pickup. Pay back time buddy!

First I pulled the hubcap off his pickup and threw a handful of gravel inside. He pranked me back.

Second I wired his horn into his brake lights. Had a long downhill drive going into town, horn honking all the way.;) Again, he pranked me back.

Third time I climbed under his truck and put some rather large zip ties on his driveshaft with extra long tails. They would rub on bottom of the cab, with every driveshaft rotation. He got me again.

So I got several hose clamps to fit his driveshaft. Clamped a piece of metal on there, it weighed a few ounces!:)
Can't imagine the vibration he got out of that one.

I stayed at work later than him that night. Drove back towards town a little later. Truck was pulled to the side of the road and he was no where in sight. (small rural area) So I climbed underneath and pulled off the added weight.:D

He told me the story next day, which I denied any involvement. He suspected me, but never messed with me again.

I don’t do this any more, but my friends way back when used to do stuff like that-one time they hot wired my car & stole it, so I hot wired their car so I could go see where they went! (Back in the days before column & shifter locks)

With friends like these, who needs enemies! :ROFLMAO:

What's next, sugar in your gas tank? Chain your hitch to a telephone pole?

With friends like these, who needs enemies! :ROFLMAO:

What's next, sugar in your gas tank? Chain your hitch to a telephone pole?
We are still friends to this day, plus this was over 20 years ago.

We never did anything to harm each others trucks.

I was heading up to Dallas with a senior worker - having swapped company vehicles with a manager who’d be there - I asked to be reminded to hand over some extra keys his wife mailed. Turns out a set of personal vehicle keys was on the ring -
For 3 days - we were driving him nuts by moving his car in the hotel parking lot at night …
Glad he’s a good sport because he was still laughing about it when he made VP …

Way before everyone was armed to the teeth and wrapped around the axle about the smallest issues,,,,

Dave and I would leave work driving each other's cars. The traffic lights were synchronized to hold you up. So we would start yelling at each other at one of the lights. Saying things like "don't make me get out of the car". Then get out and get into our proper cars. The look of confusion on people's faces was epic.

Way before everyone was armed to the teeth and wrapped around the axle about the smallest issues,,,,

Dave and I would leave work driving each other's cars. The traffic lights were synchronized to hold you up. So we would start yelling at each other at one of the lights. Saying things like "don't make me get out of the car". Then get out and get into our proper cars. The look of confusion on people's faces was epic.
My dad and I used to bump each other at a light 🤣

I used to tie a couple of empty pop cans underneath a few coworkers cars so it would rattle going down the road. Another guy I worked with replaced the valve stem caps with, ahem, male reproductive looking valve caps to another coworker's car who was going to get new tires that day.

One place I worked the day before April Fools I told a coworker that if she brought in big garbage bags filled with balloons that were already blown up I would also and we would ask the bosses wife to open his car and we filled his car completely with balloons. He was always the last to leave the building and when he did he had a surprise. What really made it great was that there was a practical joker who worked for the company but things were slow and he had been temporarily laid off. It just happened that he was in the area on April Fools and stopped in to say hi. So the next day when the boss came in he's had figured that the practical joker had done it to him.

A friend I worked with back in the '70's and '80's drove a '70's Honda Civic. One night at work several of us picked up the front end of his car and put a stack of pallets under it tall enough to raise the front wheels off the ground. He wasn't going anywhere until he removed the pallets.

Last edited:
My brother put a big stack of wheel weights on the front tire of my VW a while back right after I just had Discount Tire rotate and balance the tires. They were fine driving across town, then I went to drive it it shook so bad across town I went straight back and had them check it. They said the tires were perfectly balanced after doing it a second time. Sure enough, it was smooth as silk on the way home. The weights must have just fallen off at the last mile or so.

About 30yrs ago I jambed a pear in the tailpipe of my brother's Subaru Impreza. When he unknowingly started it, that pear shot out with a POP!! just missed me, hit the house and cracked the siding.

About 30yrs ago I jambed a pear in the tailpipe of my brother's Subaru Impreza. When he unknowingly started it, that pear shot out with a POP!! just missed me, hit the house and cracked the siding.
I read that in Rodney Dangerfield’s voice. Should have finished the post with “I get no respect” though. Lol

Reactions: JTK
Back