Vampire pump problem for uoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Blackstone pump with the 1/4" tubing and found it will not go into the oil pan far enough to draw a sample. GM 3800 Series II V-6. All I can guess is the bottom of the passage narrows significantly. It only goes in about 3/4 of the dipstick length and then no go. Anyone know why for sure??

Wow, looks like you're on your own here.
confused.gif
I guess no one else uses a pump in that engine configured that way.

You may be able to go down to The Home Depot and get a same ID/smaller OD tubing and see if it will make it beyond the choke. I doubt that you can get so thin that it will collapse drawing a sample.

Additional thought: Have you cut the end of the tubing on a steep bias and then send it down at various orientations (90° - 180°- 270°- etc.) to see if it's just hitting some ledge/step that it needs to get over??

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Wow, looks like you're on your own here.
confused.gif
I guess no one else uses a pump in that engine configured that way.

You may be able to go down to The Home Depot and get a same ID/smaller OD tubing and see if it will make it beyond the choke. I doubt that you can get so thin that it will collapse drawing a sample.

Additional thought: Have you cut the end of the tubing on a steep bias and then send it down at various orientations (90° - 180°- 270°- etc.) to see if it's just hitting some ledge/step that it needs to get over??

Good ideas, thanks.

The tubing could be curling up on you as you push it into the oil pan. If you buy another piece of tubing, make sure it is 1/4 inch OD. (We use 1/4 inch poly-flo) It has to be this to make a seal so that the bottle will develop a vacuum when pump the plunger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back