Valvomax

Who has a valvomax and what is your opinion on it.
Looking to get a valvomax 12x1.75 for my 2021 F150 5.0
This vehicle is one of the most frustrating vehicles to change oil on that I have owned. I feel that if I could put something on it to make draining the oil a easier it would make changing the oil filter and cleaning up that portion of the job tolerable. I am not interested in a Fumoto valve I dont like the design.

I just got #4 for one of my own cars. As soon as the rebuilt engine has broken in I will install it. I want it to get a good hot flush out by removing the drain plug for the first few oil changes. All these valves leave a little more oil in the sump but its not a real issue.
The quality of the Valvomax is excellent, all stainless steel and veteran made in the USA, it works well. I have one with the stainless drain hose connector and the rest plastic, the SS one stays in my box the others are in the cars spare tire well in a bag.
Like you I don't like the Fumoto, I have a M12-1.75 here that is heading for the bin, I couldnt even give it away, the thing looks like a Home Depot plumbing department refugee.

I have 2 of them. One in my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI V-8. The other in my 2018 Toyota Camry 2.5 4-cylinder. I would have one in my truck as well, but it already has a Fram Sure Drain in it. (Very similar system). I wouldn't be without a Valvomax. Once you buy, install, and use one, you will know why.

How many of you use the drain bag? Or do you drain in a pan? How many times can you use the bag?

I'm trying to see the advantage. I have to drag out a pan, to change the filter, so its already under the car. How does the valvomax aid in the oil change?

Maybe less splashing?

How many of you use the drain bag? Or do you drain in a pan? How many times can you use the bag?

I'm trying to see the advantage. I have to drag out a pan, to change the filter, so its already under the car. How does the valvomax aid in the oil change?

Maybe less splashing?
I don't use the drain bag. I have a 10 quart drain pan. The Valvomax does decrease the splashing, but that really doesn't matter, because the when you drain the filter it's going to splash regardless of what you do. The Valvomax allows you to drain the oil pan without getting any oil on your hands, which is nice. Especially if the oil temp is 200+.

I like to drain the oil hot. I drains better, and a lot of the crap is in suspension, and flows out better. Hot oil is also thinner, and comes out quicker. And the best thing is no untorquing and torquing drain plugs. You can do it all with your fingers and no tools.... Except for a filter wrench.

When I'm done I have a heavy gauge 5 gallon plastic jug I put it all in, and run it down to Autozone. I can get the oil from all 3 vehicles in it. Jeep = 7 quarts. Truck = 6 quarts. Toyota = 5 quarts.

Just watched this last night .

Install of VALVOMAX . No bag and with it . The U.O.A. ( Pennzoil ) for his B.M.W. i8 is a bonus . :)

w/ BAG

Last edited:
I have one (One each on two vehicles actually) and it's a better way of living. Absolutely worth the money. I can't believe I waited this long. Makes the job faster and easier and much less messy.

I just bought one that was advertised on the site as made in the USA. Package stated Assembled in the USA, not "all" made here anymore apparently.
At a minimum I suspect the rubber holder for the cap is most likely outsourced and maybe the cap itself. Call and ask them.

I just bought one that was advertised on the site as made in the USA. Package stated Assembled in the USA, not "all" made here anymore apparently.
I'm sure they're doing the best they can. Trying to make a good product and keep it reasonably priced and all that.... But not much is made here at home anymore.

Let's say you have 3 vehicles and they all have different valvomax sizes. Will the same drain adapter fit the different pan bolt sizes?

You can order a drain valve thing with a tube that's like 6 ft long. If you ever felt like you needed that. Just FYI

Well. After being given the sales pitch by the company owner I ordered 2 additional ones and guess what. Its still stated Assembled in the USA not Made In the USA like on the website or from what I was told. I am all for supporting America and Vets but please don't misrepresent something in order to make a sale!

Back