Valvoline WB and Synpower dynamometer test

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

I found a video in youtube about valvoline test in a race car, the video shows that the car gained a few HP with valvoline WB and even more with synpower.
Is it true or fake?... 3-5 hp gain is alot for just using valvoline oils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHv0aihDlCI

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: n00b76
the video shows that the car gained a few HP with valvoline WB

Compared to what?

Sorry, I'm not going to spend 10 minutes watching some riceboy video to find out.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Compared to what?

Sorry, I'm not going to spend 10 minutes watching some riceboy video to find out.
auto zone 5w30 oil

3-5hp is within the margin of error for a dyno. Changing the tire inflation a tiny bit would give that type of increase/decrease.

Cool video, at least they tried something that we (BITOG'ers) would like. I wouldn't take much out of the experiment.

Originally Posted By: dparm
3-5hp is within the margin of error for a dyno. Changing the tire inflation a tiny bit would give that type of increase/decrease.

Right, and who knows if their other runs showed a LOSS with the Valvolne?
I am not against Valvoline at all, but this type of test/data should be ignored.

Hey never forget that unless it is looking in a oil fill hole we ain"t watching here on BITOG!!
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Compared to what?

No I do not thinks so: says Synpower gained alittle at the top end not wht bottle, the Synpower.Did point out also advantage of changing your oil. quote=n00b76]hi,

I found a video in youtube about valvoline test in a race car, the video shows that the car gained a few HP with valvoline WB and even more with synpower.
Is it true or fake?... 3-5 hp gain is alot for just using valvoline oils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHv0aihDlCI [/quote]

I wouldn't believe the test. We have done it with motorcycles on the dyno and too many variables. Lube on the chain good, tire pressure, or berometer change makes more power than any oil side by side tests under exact conditions. At least our testing proved nothing worth a mention.

Dynos are simply not easily repeatable in testing.

Too many variables, I've seen the barometric pressure drop and kill a dyno run and seen the temp change and spike a run upwards in the same day.

What I gathered from the test was that new clean oil was what made a difference,and not necessarily brand,dino,synth,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back