Valvoline warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I manage an O'Reilly store here in MO and got some promo info from Valvoline on Thursday. It seems that as of May 28, they will offer up to a 300,000 mile engine warranty if you change your oil regularly using Valvoline. I haven't studied the info in detail yet, but your car must have under 75K on the odo and the engine is guaranteed up to 150K if you use conventional oil, up to 225K if you use a syn blend and up to 300K if you use Syn Power. I visited their website and the details will be available on the 28th. I'm not trying to shill for V, just wanted to let y'all know.

Mike

Quote:
Change the vehicle's oil using the appropriate Valvoline motor oil viscosity grade specified for your vehicle, every 3,000 miles. Check the owner's manual for the right grade of oil (10W-30, etc). There is a 1,000 mile grace period. So, oil must be changed at least every 4,000 miles.

Big deal.

Originally Posted By: buster
Quote:
Change the vehicle's oil using the appropriate Valvoline motor oil viscosity grade specified for your vehicle, every 3,000 miles. Check the owner's manual for the right grade of oil (10W-30, etc). There is a 1,000 mile grace period. So, oil must be changed at least every 4,000 miles.

Big deal.

what more do you need from an oil then?

Here are the important terms, which basically means they only cover a "engine related failure" that are solely due to oil related problems. Note that only complete failures are covered, not reduction in performance.

“Qualifying Engine Breakdown” means an engine related failure where a) the engine will not run, solely due to “oil wetted” part and component failures, and b) the vehicle electrical, fuel, computer engine management, cooling, induction and exhaust systems are all working properly, and are not the cause of engine failure. A Qualifying Engine Breakdown does not include the reduction in operating performance due to wear and tear.

Originally Posted By: Mark888
Here are the important terms, which basically means they only cover a "engine related failure" that are solely due to oil related problems. Note that only complete failures are covered, not reduction in performance.

“Qualifying Engine Breakdown” means an engine related failure where a) the engine will not run, solely due to “oil wetted” part and component failures, and b) the vehicle electrical, fuel, computer engine management, cooling, induction and exhaust systems are all working properly, and are not the cause of engine failure. A Qualifying Engine Breakdown does not include the reduction in operating performance due to wear and tear.

So if fuel dilution is present and the engine spins a bearing, you're not covered. I see several ways out for the oil company. I have to agree with tig1 here. The owner of the blown engine would SOL.

AD

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
Friend of mine collected from Quakerstate on an engine that went bad. It was in a chevy s/w.

I would like to know some details.
How long did it take to be compensated?
Details of how the engine failed.
Did he hire a lawer.
Mileage on engine when it failed.
Thanks.

I would have to find out from him. I remember it was in the early 90's. He didn't hire a lawyer, but he was a state trooper, don't know if that had anything to do with it. Mileage was around 75,000 but I can find out exactly from him when I talk to him again.

I'm thinking in 2009, you have to hire Johnny Cochran and the dream team to collect.

But, if as you say, there was fuel dilution, then it wasn't a fault of the oil was it? Seems to me that they would be right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back