Valvoline engine guarantee worth it ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 200,000-300,000 mile vehicles. In fact, I have two in my driveway right now. Neither is worn out, not even close and both are still in use. Neither has any kind of warranty.

If you look closely at the Valvoline warranty, any manufacturer warranty whether it be 50,000-100,000-X,000, or lifetime, you will discover the one major thing these warranties do not cover, and that is wear. My new truck is warranted for defects in materials and workmanship for 100,000 miles. If it wears out in 20,000 miles, though, that is not covered.

Look real closely at these oil warranties. They usually use words and phrases that contain "oil related failure." Wear is considered "normal" and is NOT an oil related failure.

This is why I try so hard to pick an oil that will give me the greatest wear protection, because, when it comes to wear, I am on my own.

Yeah the oil warranty things just seem like brand loyalty gimmicks. If someone actually does take it, it's already done it's job by getting the user to invest in something that coincidentally also results in brand loyalty.

If you hold a jug of Valvoline to your ear real close you can hear the Ashland big-wigs laughing all the way to the bank. Kinda like the Shell & Ocean sound.

If you signup for their "Warranty" Aston Kutcher jumps out and tells you that you have been punked!
grin2.gif

lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC

If you signup for their "Warranty" Aston Kutcher jumps out and tells you that you have been punked!
grin2.gif

lol.gif

13.gif
hahaha the mental image of that happening

Yeah, now i feel like a bit foolish for even takeing the time to fill out the guarantee online, oh-well lesson learned. Im still a valvoline man, atleast in my 4 wheeled toys.

Don't feel bad... Before I joined BITOG I signed up for the Quaker state 400K KM mileage guarantee. Then I read the fine print and joined BITOG and realized I was scammed. It's all good, it's how we learn.
wink.gif

Sorry for digging up this old post, but I've been reading up on these "engine guarantees" offered. I called the Valvoline claim line today and first of all a real person answered the phone. That was nice. I asked the lady if any claims have been paid by valvoline under this warranty and she assured me that they have. She said all I have to do is keep the receipts for the oil I buy, change it before the 4,000 mile marker, log it in and I'm good. If I file a claim I don't have to prove any other maintenance was performed, not even an air filter change. Just thought I'd share what I have learned. Here's the number I called: 1-877-274-6703

Originally Posted By: ez_livin
Sorry for digging up this old post, but I've been reading up on these "engine guarantees" offered. I called the Valvoline claim line today and first of all a real person answered the phone. That was nice. I asked the lady if any claims have been paid by valvoline under this warranty and she assured me that they have. She said all I have to do is keep the receipts for the oil I buy, change it before the 4,000 mile marker, log it in and I'm good. If I file a claim I don't have to prove any other maintenance was performed, not even an air filter change. Just thought I'd share what I have learned. Here's the number I called: 1-877-274-6703

So the OCIs have to be under 4k? and don't have to prove any other maintenance? Not even air filter?
I dunno what to think of it. Not doubting anything, just seems too easy. And failure has to be oil related maybe... what if one took out the air filter and drives in dirty dusty roads a lot.... nah I better not go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back