Valvoline videos on facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

When I scroll through the News Feed on facebook, I am getting ads from the Valvoline facebook page since I liked their page a couple of years ago. Who else has seen the Valvoline ads where they show and talk about "cheap" oil versus Valvoline oil? It must be a recent marketing push they decided to try, they have multiple videos and ads about it.

The reason I bring this up is because in the videos, they have a black bottle with a generic label on it saying Motor Oil. It is not even a real label in the sense that there is no brand name, it looks like a label that could printed with a household printer. Valvoline uses it as the example of "cheap" oil.

Looking at it, the black bottles look like Mobil Delvac 1300 Super bottles. I guess that bugs me. Is Valvoline trying to get a dig at Mobil? Having ads about "cheap" oil, so, when people who see the ads and are standing in the store next time to buy some oil, if they see the Mobil Delvac bottles, they might think it is "cheap" oil?

Maybe that isn't Valvoline intention, but, why use what looks like the Mobil Delvac bottles as examples of "cheap" oil?

Was curious if anyone else has seen the ads and thought the same thing.

Last edited:
The same bottle could be used by a number of brands. Valvoline is just being neutral. No harm no foul.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
I highly doubt anyone besides a BITOG'er could tell what brand just by the shape of a black bottle.

yup

Originally Posted by PimTac
The same bottle could be used by a number of brands. Valvoline is just being neutral. No harm no foul.

and yup

They just used whatever they had laying around, Valvoline All Fleet comes in black bottles too. They should have used some Bullseye, City Star, or XXX oil-that's the "good" stuff!
crackmeup2.gif

The napa jug looks a lot like the Mobil one as well. Black, or dark blue. Which, if true, would be ironic because I was under the impression Valvoline makes Napas oil.

Marketing 101. If you knew how we are tracked on the internet, well it would scare the average person. I have some advanced computer skills, just the internet lines across the ocean are well, suspect......Get onion routers, check advanced settings. But this only minimizes traffic ads. Everything is about compromise...

That's why enemy #1, hid in caves.....

Originally Posted by Onetor
Marketing 101. If you knew how we are tracked on the internet, well it would scare the average person. I have some advanced computer skills, just the internet lines across the ocean are well, suspect......Get onion routers, check advanced settings. But this only minimizes traffic ads. Everything is about compromise...

Dude tell me about it.

I remember one time having a long convo with my buddy at work, just the 2 of us, meaning in person. An hour later i go through my phone and the VERY exact thing i was talking about came up in the advertisements on FB and even on my phone web browser in various sites. Definitely scary stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK

Dude tell me about it.

I remember one time having a long convo with my buddy at work, just the 2 of us, meaning in person. An hour later i go through my phone and the VERY exact thing i was talking about came up in the advertisements on FB and even on my phone web browser in various sites. Definitely scary stuff.

And if you have a Google Home or Alexa, you can bet your a$$ your verbal conversations are translated to internet ads...or maybe it was my phone that eavesdropped...

Originally Posted by RyanY

Dude tell me about it.

And if you have a Google Home or Alexa, you can bet your a$$ your verbal conversations are translated to internet ads...or maybe it was my phone that eavesdropped...

I don't have any of that. And even both my laptops i taped a piece of paper to the "eye" of the webcam thing lol

Originally Posted by RyanY

Dude tell me about it.

I don't have any of that. And even both my laptops i taped a piece of paper to the "eye" of the webcam thing lol

Get on Netflix and watch the movie "The Great Hack". You think you are scared now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back