Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution Gen2

I noticed that Valvoline has discontinued Premium Blue 8600 ES heavy-duty diesel oil, and they are now blending Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution Gen2 in 10W30 and 15W40. Premium Blue On Solution Gen2 is being marketed a universal mixed fleet oil for diesel, natural gas, and gasoline engines...a Swiss Army knife for all heavy-duty lubrication applications. This oil contains 800 PPM of phosphorus and 890 PPM of zinc which makes it suitable for gasoline engine emission systems. The oil carries most major diesel OEM approvals, with the exception of Ford's WSS-M2C171-F1, and it carries the Cummins CES 20092 approval for natural gas engines.

At this time, I cannot find customer reviews, either commercial or personal, of Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution Gen2. Likewise, there are no posted UOAs on this oil making it impossible to determine its performance. However, I am curious if Valvoline has actually created an "all in one" heavy-duty oil providing good protection for diesel, natural gas, and gasoline engines? Comments from anyone with direct experience with this oil would be appreciated.

I've never seen it. All the places I buy valvoline from still have 8600es. I guess I will have to move to another oil for my 6.7 ford

I noticed that Valvoline has discontinued Premium Blue 8600 ES heavy-duty diesel oil, and they are now blending Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution Gen2 in 10W30 and 15W40. Premium Blue On Solution Gen2 is being marketed a universal mixed fleet oil for diesel, natural gas, and gasoline engines...a Swiss Army knife for all heavy-duty lubrication applications. This oil contains 800 PPM of phosphorus and 890 PPM of zinc which makes it suitable for gasoline engine emission systems. The oil carries most major diesel OEM approvals, with the exception of Ford's WSS-M2C171-F1, and it carries the Cummins CES 20092 approval for natural gas engines.

At this time, I cannot find customer reviews, either commercial or personal, of Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution Gen2. Likewise, there are no posted UOAs on this oil making it impossible to determine its performance. However, I am curious if Valvoline has actually created an "all in one" heavy-duty oil providing good protection for diesel, natural gas, and gasoline engines? Comments from anyone with direct experience with this oil would be appreciated.
It has demonstrated performance via the approvals, specifications and licenses it carries.

Apparently Valvoline is pushing their full-synthetic 5w40 PB as a replacement for 10w-30 8600ES. I hate it! Seems like folks need to either go Dutch, Delvac, or other now.

Very cool! I had been on the hunt for Premium Blue Restore 10w30 or thought of using Chevron Delo XLE 10w30 but this might be a better option if I can find it.

API SP rating (with SN PLUS) for gasoline engine usage, I like the sound of that.

EDIT: I contacted Valvoline about the availability of this product and they said that it is only available by special order at this time. They recommended that I contact Napa to order the product.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution Gen2 will start hitting retail shelves once the current inventory of VPB 8600 ES has been depleted.

Also, a Valvoline representative informed me that Valvoline has submitted and requested that Ford test Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution Gen2 for approval. However, Ford, for some reason, is dragging their feet on testing this oil. It's puzzling why Ford is so reluctant to do the testing. Ford's position appears to be negative on all heavy duty diesel oils containing less than 1000 PPM of phosphorus. It's my understanding that oil blenders of lower phosphorus oils are employing nonmetallic additives that complement the lower levels of ZDDP additives to achieve good wear protection.

Last edited:
Very cool! I had been on the hunt for Premium Blue Restore 10w30 or thought of using Chevron Delo XLE 10w30 but this might be a better option if I can find it.

API SP rating (with SN PLUS) for gasoline engine usage, I like the sound of that.

EDIT: I contacted Valvoline about the availability of this product and they said that it is only available by special order at this time. They recommended that I contact Napa to order the product.
Just checked... it's available via Walmart online for $26.99 / gallon. Nice.
It's HTHS is also 3.5. That's nicer.

For comparison, Chevron XLE 10W-30 is $22.26 / gallon at Wally's.

BTW, I drove through St. Nazianz last weekend. What a nice, clean little village nestled just west of I -43. I could live there! :)

Last edited:
Just checked... it's available via Walmart online for $26.99 / gallon. Nice.
It's HTHS is also 3.5. That's nicer.

For comparison, Chevron XLE 10W-30 is $22.26 / gallon at Wally's.

BTW, I drove through St. Nazianz last weekend. What a nice, clean little village nestled just west of I -43. I could live there! :)

Cool, I am moving to Sheboygan soon but will still be coming back through St. Nazianz on a regular basis.

Fleet Farm has Chevron Delo XLE 10w30 for less than $20 per gallon AND Chevron currently has a $7 rebate, buy three gallons and get $21 in rebates.

Cool, I am moving to Sheboygan soon but will still be coming back through St. Nazianz on a regular basis.

Fleet Farm has Chevron Delo XLE 10w30 for less than $20 per gallon AND Chevron currently has a $7 rebate, buy three gallons and get $21 in rebates.
That's a really good deal. Hard to beat it.

I've been running Costco's Kirkland 5W-30 the last few OCI's because it's essentially $12.50 / 5-qt jug. Good oil, but I don't take it much past 3500 miles, especially in my little Equinox with a DI 4-cylinder engine.

In the olden days, I ran Delo 15W-40 in my '87 Ford F-250 with a 6.9L International diesel. I barely broke her in before I sold her at around 90K miles. Selling that wonderful beast was a mistake.

Last edited:
So I put a gallon of Valvoline Premium Blue in my 2012 Acura TL 3.7 and some 200 miles later, it is running better than ever. Annoying ticking noise has quieted down. Looking for other experiences with this oil in gasoline engines.

All the manufacturers are going towards one size fits all. I'm not a fan. I have an old diesel, it is nothing like a 2021 with roller everything.
If someone does a UOA with this, I'd like to know how the wear compares.

All the manufacturers are going towards one size fits all. I'm not a fan. I have an old diesel, it is nothing like a 2021 with roller everything.
If someone does a UOA with this, I'd like to know how the wear compares.
That's not something a UOA will answer. At least not in regards to the performance of the oil, there are far too many variables to ascribe some UOA value change to an isolated variable.

That's not something a UOA will answer. At least not in regards to the performance of the oil, there are far too many variables to ascribe some UOA value change to an isolated variable.
If it showed a trend of higher wear metals in a fleet upon switching, you would ignore it?

So I put a gallon of Valvoline Premium Blue in my 2012 Acura TL 3.7 and some 200 miles later, it is running better than ever. Annoying ticking noise has quieted down. Looking for other experiences with this oil in gasoline engines.
How about it oil consumption? My friends 2011 mdx burns oil like crazy with that tiny sump.

If it showed a trend of higher wear metals in a fleet upon switching, you would ignore it?
That's not what you suggested. You asked for "wear numbers" from a random UOA to be posted by someone else, an isolated UOA from a different engine that has been operated by a different individual under different operating conditions.

Back