Valvoline Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone knows who makes Valvoline filters. I just drained the AutoRx out (1100 miles) and the place I brought it to uses Valvoline filters. I don't think it will really matter for one interval, but I'd like to know who makes the filter.

Having found that quote, let me state that as far as I knew Champion Labs doesn't make Motorcraft, so this may or may not be accurate. I think they may make some non-GM AC filters so quite often filter brands may be from several manufacturers simply painted similarly.

I posted both an edit (apparently not allowed)-- and an additional reply on this topic. Nothing showed. My apologies if the same information is reposted two or three times...

original addition to post:

Having found that quote, let me state that as far as I knew Champion Labs doesn't make Motorcraft, so this may or may not be accurate. I think they may make some non-GM AC filters so quite often filter brands may be from several manufacturers simply painted similarly.

You ran the autoRX for a long time.....recommendedis 500 mls. What is your experience with ARX? Did it do the job??
quote:

Originally posted by VaderSS:
Just wondering if anyone knows who makes Valvoline filters. I just drained the AutoRx out (1100 miles) and the place I brought it to uses Valvoline filters. I don't think it will really matter for one interval, but I'd like to know who makes the filter.

quote:

Originally posted by csandste:
I posted both an edit (apparently not allowed)-- and an additional reply on this topic. Nothing showed. My apologies if the same information is reposted two or three times...

original addition to post:

csandste, Champion makes the OEM Motorcraft filters that are placed on the car at the factory. Motorcraft sold retail is made by Purolator. Go figure
dunno.gif
-Joe

quote:

You ran the autoRX for a long time.....recommendedis 500 mls. What is your experience with ARX? Did it do the job??

I ran it past 500 miles becuase I was using it in conjunction with synthetic oil. The engine already looked clean from what I could see, but it only had 61k on it with regular changes and Mobil 1 for the past 15k miles.

It does seem to run smoother and quieter. It also seems to have slightly better throttle response. I am satisfied.

I'm sending a sample of the oil with the AutoRX in from my Impala and from my girlfriends '94 Explorer (83k), which had 2k miles on the treatment. It made a noticeable difference in power, responsiveness, oil consumption, and cleanliness of internal parts I could see in the explorer. The explorer was really a better test for it, as I could see some sludge through the oil filler. That sludge is now gone.

I'll post the results of those analysis reports when I get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back