Valvoline = no moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
any takers? I'm getting ready to fill my crank case with this Valvoline..someone better warn me quick.

quote:

Originally posted by mossad:
Maybe someone can answer this question.
Based on all the info I've obtained from BITOG, Valvoline does not use moly in the V-all climate, and many feel the additive package does not have much to offer, yet the UOA's show it works fine.
Does anyone know how much antimony is used in the all climate? Is antimony all that is really need, making moly unnecessary?

quote:

Originally posted by mossad:
any takers? I'm getting ready to fill my crank case with this Valvoline..someone better warn me quick.

=============================

Why didn't you ask questions about it before you purchased it? From what I read, it's very good for around 3K -- then it goes south in a hurry.

If you're worried about it so much, mix-in a quart of synthetic Synpower with the All-Climate you have.

The VALVO AC just doesn't draw much interest here, it is their minimalist engine oil seemingly designed to meet api specs and 3k mile oci's and that's it. . If you want to have the Antimony quantified you can try to get it out of valvonine(good luck) or you can run an analysis through Blackstone since they test for it. Obbiously don one has done that becasue it simply doesn't seem worth the effort and expense.I used to run it for 3k intervals and never had a problem with it. I simply want more now.

Maybe someone can answer this question.
Based on all the info I've obtained from BITOG, Valvoline does not use moly in the V-all climate, and many feel the additive package does not have much to offer, yet the UOA's show it works fine.
Does anyone know how much antimony is used in the all climate? Is antimony all that is really need, making moly unnecessary?

back in the mid 1980s, my father used to buy all-climate in the cardboard cans, as he read it had more/better detergents than other oils... by the early 1990s, we had havoline... why I dont know.

Seems fine for 3k though... and whether you have the best or worst dino, if youre not doing strict highway miles, I might question the dino past that distance anyway.

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by Bryanccfshr:
I used to run it for 3k intervals and never had a problem with it. I simply want more now.

Same here.
cheers.gif

I walked right by a Valvoline display in Meijer today that advertised "FREE after mail-in rebate"... and never looked back.

No thank you! I will not support this product based on it's normal (non-sale) premium price when it should be $1.39 instead of $1.99 all the time.

The only Valvoline I will purchase are the Maxlife Synthetic Oils and the Valvoline Synpower Oil Treatments.

There is nothing wrong with Valvoline. It works just as well as Penzoil or Havoline. I have a few UOA on here with Valvo AC 5/30 if you want to look em up. TBN showed to last about 4500 miles with lots of short traffic driving. It ended up being a 20wth but the numbers we so good I did not care.. TallPaul and my self as well as a couple otehr use Valvoline exclusivly.

Another Valvo user here.

Of my diversified stash of now 232qts(various from GC/M1 EP/Redline/Motul/Havo Syn/Delo/Supreme/MC/QS SynBlnd..), Valvoline has the largest allocation(28%)..made up mostly of Synpower(32), Maxlife Syn(29) and Durablend(5).

All-Clime in my Valvo stash is a
nono.gif
though..

quote:

Originally posted by Starbreaker666:
There is nothing wrong with Valvoline. It works just as well as Penzoil or Havoline. I have a few UOA on here with Valvo AC 5/30 if you want to look em up. .

There are good ones here & subpar ones (beyond 3K). There are more subpar Valvoline All Climate UOAs under 4K than all the other name brands combined recently. Keep using it if you desire. Enjoy it all the while! Hopefully, you ain't payin' Castrol/Pennzoil-type prices for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back