Valvoline NextGen--generous shelf space at Wally's

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oil has been out for less than a month, if I am not mistaken. It takes a certain amount of time before everyone starts running it, and still you have the lag time before people change their oil and test the sample and receive an oil analysis.

There are many variables that affect a product right now. You have the fact it is late March and many of the DIY's are still running their Winter Synthetic or are waiting for the weather to get better before changing it. You also have to take into account there is a decent amount of DIY'ers that have oil in their garage for their next change, they also need to go through this.

I would say if the product is not moving off the shelves 6 months from now, then you can back up your claims. Oil in general isn't a good like an IPAD or PS3 where you see mass purchases within the first couple weeks of its release.

Considering I picked up the Maxlife Nextgen 5w-30 @ $1.20 a quart (without tax), $1.43 with tax. It's cheap enough to at least try.

I wasn't posting the Oil Analysis to try to back up anything I was saying, someone mentioned they wanted to see an oil analysis of it so it's up.

I posted the VOA and have about 2K miles on it. I have noticed zero differences between this and regular Maxlife so far. (I.E. my engine has not imploded due to the use of recycled oil yet.)

Should have a UOA by the end of summer.

Originally Posted By: smithph
I posted the VOA and have about 2K miles on it. I have noticed zero differences between this and regular Maxlife so far. (I.E. my engine has not imploded due to the use of recycled oil yet.)

Should have a UOA by the end of summer.
Sweet! What OCI are you going to run on it? From the sound of things around 5k or 7.5k?

It should have 5-6K unless driving patterns change. Its in a GM 3.8 series II engine that I have a couple of previous UOA's on over the years to compare it with along with the VOA. I am not expecting anything significant unless the nylon LIM gasket goes tango uniform. I am not expecting that either since it has not seen DEX-COOL in a very long time.

Awesome, I'll have to make a point to check your profile periodically a few months from now to see how it held up.

I'll make it a point to get a UOA when I run it in my sisters Saturn SC2 and hopefully we can get a variety of engines and see if it is worth running again or not.

Originally Posted By: SteveTheisen
Awesome, I'll have to make a point to check your profile periodically a few months from now to see how it held up.

I'll make it a point to get a UOA when I run it in my sisters Saturn SC2 and hopefully we can get a variety of engines and see if it is worth running again or not.

Sounds good.

Thanks in advance for contributing to the forum by spending your hard earned money for UOA's and posting it for all members to benefit from.

It seems those that boast the most and ask for UOA's the most on BITOG are the ones that never contribute UOA's themselves.

I'd be willing to try it and may buy a few jugs of it. My stash is now 1qt of FS 5w30 so gotta stock up on some oil via sales and what not.

Im going to pick up some and try it in the focus with that rebate. Good deal, I have no issues using this oil, and no fear of running it unlike some. However, im not going to pay the same price per qt as virgin oil just because it has green on it. Drop that price 75 cents to a dollar and i'll use it.

So what are we calling this now, VGB?

Last edited:
Yep, I just bought 2 bottle and will wait until May to change it.
I will prefer to go green if it is the same price the same protection
Originally Posted By: SteveTheisen
This oil has been out for less than a month, if I am not mistaken. It takes a certain amount of time before everyone starts running it, and still you have the lag time before people change their oil and test the sample and receive an oil analysis.

There are many variables that affect a product right now. You have the fact it is late March and many of the DIY's are still running their Winter Synthetic or are waiting for the weather to get better before changing it. You also have to take into account there is a decent amount of DIY'ers that have oil in their garage for their next change, they also need to go through this.

I would say if the product is not moving off the shelves 6 months from now, then you can back up your claims. Oil in general isn't a good like an IPAD or PS3 where you see mass purchases within the first couple weeks of its release.

Considering I picked up the Maxlife Nextgen 5w-30 @ $1.20 a quart (without tax), $1.43 with tax. It's cheap enough to at least try.

I wasn't posting the Oil Analysis to try to back up anything I was saying, someone mentioned they wanted to see an oil analysis of it so it's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back