Valvoline "Modern Engine Synthetic"

Yup, I believe you nailed it

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just yesterday I did the first oil change on my wife's friends' 2019 Tacoma TRD with VME 0w-20 and an OEM Toyota Filter. Truck had 6,400 miles on the factory fill, and it came out of the drain hole like a laser guided missile. Splashed out of the drain pan 360 degrees, haven't had a mess like that in a long time lol. Hot 0w-20 is dangerous!

The truck ran perfectly boringly normal after the oil and filter change. So I suspect it's a fine oil for this application, and a perfect fit. 👌ðŸ»

I don't drain 0w20 hot … pours out of the bottle cold like it was skim milk …

Originally Posted by 4WD
I don't drain 0w20 hot … pours out of the bottle cold like it was skim milk …

I won't do it hot on that truck again. Drains straight down, completely perpendicular to the drain pan.

Checking in on this thread to see if there was any conclusion or update on this oil? I was about to pick up some M1 0w-20 AFE for my 2016 Accord 4 cylinder, but it looks like Meijer has this on sale for $26.99.

It should be fine if your manual calls for the approvals it carries. I'm on my second OCI in my Ram 1500 5.7 - no complains.

Originally Posted by cutlassvillager
Checking in on this thread to see if there was any conclusion or update on this oil? I was about to pick up some M1 0w-20 AFE for my 2016 Accord 4 cylinder, but it looks like Meijer has this on sale for $26.99.

I would prefer VME or any Valvoline 0w20 to M1 AFE 0W20.

Originally Posted by cutlassvillager

This oil is being re-evaluated and may not exist much longer. People are cheap and didn't want to pay for it. It probably worked too lol. It could actually be an innovative product. The price was indicative of something unique with it. Too many people are looking for their $3 rebate on their $15 jug of oil. Unreal. That's the market.....

Since Valvoline still hasn't updated the ME section to reflect the new SP/GF-6A specs like they have all of their other offerings I'd say buster is correct.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I picked up a 5 qt jug tonight. I was going to pick up a couple but it looks like regular price is $29.99 so I just grabbed one. Hopefully it'll stick around. I plan to get a UOA.

Back