Valvoline "Modern Engine" oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Valvoline now has this more pricey "modern engine" synth oil, for turbo's and GDI engines.
What benefits or pitfalls using this oil over the regular/std Full-Synth oil

What the heck are you talking about “false claims”?
I mean, why then is it being discontinued? Did it not clean like it said it did, or no real diff between itself and std synth oil, etc.

I think a new record for number of posts in one evening is being attempted here.

There has been no evidence of false claims. That’s just a bunch of malarkey.
Malarkey? What malarkey?
I asked directly why it was discontinued, I made no claim that the company had made false claims.

Seems pretty clear to me.

The search feature here is really good now. There are tons of threads about VME. That should make it clearer for you.
I did not say there were false claims, I was asking why it was discontinued, for what reasons, I listed two possibilities. My question was very straightforward.

I see it available on several online sites.
Discontinued for lack of sales, or false claims?

It never really sold well at wal mart near me near Ohio line. I got hundreds of 5quart jugs of it for $8/5quart jug thanks to Autozone clearance too 😁😁

Malarkey? What malarkey?
I asked directly why it was discontinued, I made no claim that the company had made false claims.

Empire, the a-holes are taking over around here to the point you can't ask a simple question.

Bitog has changed for the worse. This is becoming more and more common. People can't read a punctuation mark and others are just arrogant jerks. There are many helpful people still here, but they are getting drowned out. I honestly don't know how much longer I'm going to hang out here. It is sad. It used to be much better than this.

I think Valvoline is a reputable company and makes great oil. I would imagine VME does what it claims. There is a YouTube video of a tear down of a 3.6 Pentastar that ran 625k miles on mostly regular Valvoline 5w20 with 8k OCI's. Wear was minimal and the engine was very clean. Not sure if it was synthetic or white bottle Valvloline, but either way, it was more evidence they make fine products.

I think VME is being phased out because of lack of sales. I remember seeing dust on the jugs at Walmart before they put them on clearance, and it is a very high volume oil-selling store. That's where I bought it on clearance and ran it in my old Jeep.

Empire, the a-holes are taking over around here to the point you can't ask a simple question.

Bitog has changed for the worse.
I have been on bitog for a long time, and when they changed the site moons ago I lost my access, so I had to sign-up again, hence why my post count shows low now. I guess readers see low post count and figure the person is a newbie.

There's a ton of bad info on this site, but some good info too.

Who cares what your post count is though? It matters to some, only because there are townies on here that camp out and act like they own the place. How dare anyone post who's not one of the gaggle of townie buddies, hmm?

The same reason anything is discontinued... Because nobody bought it.

Having read the SDSs at some point I still can't remember what the difference is between VME and Advanced? Consumers need a simple way of distinguishing between tiers of motor oil within a company. Valvoline has failed with its current product names. Mobil, Pennzoil, Quaker State, etc all make it easy to know which tier you are looking at with products.

It never really sold well at wal mart near me near Ohio line. I got hundreds of 5quart jugs of it for $8/5quart jug thanks to Autozone clearance too 😁😁
Seems VME started out a bit expensive and we have seen that not work so well … the big 3 that cleared together were M1 AP, RGT, and VME. RGT started at a moderate price …
M1 TSUV cleared a bit later where I live …

Yeah, RGT is still “$18 clearance price “

I won’t buy any til’ it’s $10/5quart hug or less. But I have tons of RGT 5w20, 5w30 from Autozone clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back