Valvoline maxlife synthetic blend

Just out of curiosity, how many people here use Valvoline maxlife synthetic blend, if so how long have you been using it? And what is your mileage? I have a 13 Ford Edge with a 3.5 I've been using 5W20 weight for the last few years I have about 113,000 MI, I just got a UOA back absolutely no metals, showing absolutely no signs of wear, and plenty of TBN left in the oil.
A lot of off the shelf API oils would have in all likelihood given very similar results. Decent oil but nothing special.

I currently have MaxLife in my Jeep 4.0L and somehow the engine isn't leaking and still full of oil, which is rare for a 4.0L. It did slow some of the seeping I had from the engine. Also currently using the MaxLife synthetic 5w30 in my dad's Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L.

When I had my 2008 Tacoma 4 cyl. At 60K it had a bit of weepage in several spot on the valve cover gaskets. Tried the 5w-20 Maxlife Blend, the weeping never got worse. Seemed to have worked. Continued using until I traded it at age 10. The 20w-50 cut the oil comsumption on my Old Beemer by 3/4. It had leaky pushrod tube seals and several others leaks here and there.

I started using it at 200,000 miles in my 2005 5.3 Chevy truck. Currently at 225,000 miles with no runs, drips or errors. Just ordered 3 five qt jugs 10w30 flavor from WOOT for $39.99 per a post here in the sale and rebate section with free shipping for Amazon Prime members….woot woot! (y)

I used Valvoline Max life in my Acura TL years ago, I was doing 5,000 mile oil changes. I still would use it except there's better deals on oil so I switched to another brand oil....I never had any problems with Valvoline Max life 5w30.

Back