Valvoline MaxLife Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valvoline Synpower, Pennzoil Platinum ... can easily be used with an OCI 7-8k. If you want to stay with 4-5k miles OCI you can use any brand name dino.

i've been wanting to use maxlife synthetic for a while but can't it at any walmarts and i refuse to pay 8 bucks a quart at oreillys........so i use maxlife blend.

Ok...I finally found this oil in NJ. It has been ordered and will be here on Mon. Go to NAPA Auto online and locate a store local to your area. Call them and see if they have in stock. If not, give them the NAPA part number which is:

Part Number: VAL 179
Motor Oil - MaxLife Synthetic - 5W30 - 1 Qt
Product Line: Valvoline Oil - New Jersey

I called one NAPA and this guy gave me some [censored] about NAPA Oil being the same as Valvoline trying to pitch NAPA oil. Whether true or not, I do not care. He seemed unwilling to order Valvoline. Just pick up the phone and call a different store. Negotiate the price with the store.

Originally Posted By: rclint
In the end high mileage oils are all a marketing ploy !! People see the high mileage sticker on the oil with low and behold a 75,000 mile stamp odometer taking up a good amount of space with it... then average consumers who are shopping for oil think hey my car does have that many miles or more so I should be using this oil...

Now that said Valvoline Maxlife is a fine oil, the full synthetic or the blend both are outstanding oils, and the other makes from reading are as well... they do have some unique qualities for engines that consume oil, or leak oil etc... however if your engine is currently not suffering from consumption, or usage then choose whatever oil you like, and like I said maxlife is a fine oil which I have run many times, however I chose to run the oil on it's quality as an oil, not because I needed a high mileage oil deemed on an odometer reading.

Remember oil makers are oil marketers...they want to find a way to sell you their oil no matter who they are Mobil, Castrol, Shell/Pennzoil etc whoever I left out... If you have no problems choose oil based on what you want, and the oils you were running are some of the best GC 0w-30 for sure, but Valvoline Maxlife is as well...

welcome2.gif

LOL,, my grand father at our car lot... LOL.. people would come in and look at a car and they would say,,,, I dunno that car has 100K miles on it.. and my Old Grandpa would say
( BUDDY You buying a VEHICLE or a Odometer )

LOL

Its sorta true... I have seen cars with 200K miles that do not leak any oil and have been kept up and run perfect... and I have seen cars with 60K and its now time to replace the ALT, and Battery the starter and I have seen them all messed up big time.

Originally Posted By: Tyler99
Hey Everyone...

I have a 1999 Nissan Maxima SE with 203,000 miles. The car is in fine shape and runs very well. I recently switched from German Castrol 0W30 with a Nissan oil filter to Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic Blend 5w30 with Bosch Distance filter several months ago. My mech recommended the 5w30 due to high mileage on my car. It is now time for an OC. I wanted to try the Maxlife Full Synthetic with PureOne filter, but, can't find this oil anywhere here in NJ. Must be some kind of conspiracy. I have checked several Walmarts, Advance Auto, Autozone, Sears Automotive etc etc. O'Reilly carries the oil, but, there are no O'Reilly's in the North East. Anyone know where I can buy this oil here in NJ or border towns in PA such as Philadelphia etc etc.

Go to your local NAPA auto parts store... They have it.. And if they dont have it in stock they will have it in 1 hour....

And yes the FULL SYN MAX LIFE

Pep Boys sells Maxlife full syn. Sometimes they have coupons on their website, 5 quarts and filter for $40.

exactly. and the high mileage burns off quicker so you think you need to keep getting it so your car doesnt get worse. switch to regular and itll be back to normal. i like to joke when i say i use amsoil and regular synpower, that if you use the best and don't run your engine dry, you dont need high mileage oils. just my 2 cents. ive been valvoline since my dad showed me cars when i was 4, and have always had good results. amsoil tends to last longer when i stretch my oci out.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

According to your link it states you used it with MMO and Kreen. Sounds like they were working to me...

Yes, but I used MMO and Kreen since 2010 and saw this sludge for the very first time with Maxlife synthetic. The regular Maxlife couple of OCI before was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back