Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have to say that Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic 5w30 is going to be one of the two synthetic oils which I am going to run going forward. Very quiet while running which I like a lot. I can find it on sale for decent prices as well. At AZ I can get that plus a STP XL oil filter for $29.99. Not too shabby. Basically the oil is twenty two dollars and the filter is eight bucks. Not bad at all in my way of looking at it. About the same as Wally World for the oil and a TG oil filter. I don't like going to Wally World a whole lot. It is a LOT of walking which I am not always up for. Plus a bunch of World champions to deal with there at times as well. So, this oil keeps me from having to go there too often. I did purchase this five qt container of Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic at Wally World. The other full synthetic I will run is Castrol Magnatec 5w30. Which is a great price not at just shy of $18 for a five qt container at Wally World. But I am running what I got now for awhile.

The STP XL oil filters are rated 99% @ 20 microns which is pretty good. The construction of these filters looks to be quite stout as well based upon some that have been cut down on here. They only have the 6607 small size that fits my car. Ohh well, gotta do whatcha gotta do sometimes.
So how many of you all have used the Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic or their Maxlife Synthetic blend??

Last edited:
I use the same combo the Valvoline Max full syn and the STP XL filters on my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder V6 I like the way the truck runs with this combo I also run Castrol Magnatec both oils seem to give me less start up noise.

I just put Valvoline 5w30 Synpower in my 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 V8 runs great!

After running 10K on two consecutive changes of M1 in my Cruze, I went back to Synpower (what I've run approx. 70,000 mi. of the car's current 95.4K) and after 3 days' driving on it I have to say it's subtle, but the car is just different. Over the time period I'd had M1 in the sump I thought it was just age, mileage, the known problematic PCV system, and more city driving than normal taking its toll - but after switching back to Valvoline it just feels more like the car I got used to over the previous 85,000 miles. Maybe it's a tad smoother, maybe it revs more freely, maybe MPG legitimately came up a teeny bit or maybe it's just the effect of driving 440 mi. since Sunday afternoon, and any change is so imperceptible I couldn't prove any of it - but I swear VSP did make a positive difference.

Last edited:
Hey SilverFusion keep that good car rolling.. I really like my 08 silver Fusion until I hit a deer going 64 mph.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Hey SilverFusion keep that good car rolling.. I really like my 08 silver Fusion until I hit a deer going 64 mph.

I'm fond of this one. I've added a strut tower reinforcing bar and a much stuffer rear sway bar and she is fun in the twisties

I'm really impressed with the MaxLife 10w40 currently in my Infiniti. The engine purrs like a kitten, especially during cold starts. I think I found my go-to summer oil.

My experience is only with the VSP but the VSP w MLT is getting good reviews on here. Valvoline and Castrol are my go to brands.

Anecdotal story; A friend of mine whose father was a mechanic for the USPS back in the 60's and on till retiring. His favorite oil was Valvoline which I assume was white bottle. His biggest reason was how clean the engines were. These would be the little Jeeps they used to run as well as some bigger rigs. Talk about short tripping. Never had any issues associated with the oil. Of course, the family car got the same stuff.

This also mimics another poster here who has similar experience. Now I'm sure any major brand of oil will do similarly well, but first hand evidence is strong with Valvoline.

As I posted to bbhero on another thread, a quiet running engine is a sweet sound to the ears.

I have been running Synpower in all my vehicles but I found some maxlife on amazon for $25 so I got it. I will use it in my truck which has 245k miles.

Amen PimTac. Real quiet is really good in my book. This and Castrol Magnatec 5w30 will be my go to full synthetic oils.

Yep, those are two excellent oils.

A number of posters here do not care for Valvoline due to the lack of moly and boron. Still, the UOAs posted on here have been stellar across the board. It would be interesting if some of the resident experts here could expound on Valvoline's sodium additive and how that works versus the other additive formulations. A couple of times it was brought up that they may be using some ester or other component that does not show on the analysis reports.

I ran this in my 06 Mustang GT for 2 oil changes ( 8kmiles)...it ran ok but went back to M1 since they are about the same price..my 4.6 has a Ford racing cam and a few other goodies and puts out about 325 RWH...engine just runs smoother with M1 and M1 filter combo

Valvoline is all I've run for several years now. I used to run Pennzoil for decades. That was until I kept getting denied for rebates.

Haven't bought a drop of SOPUS oils since. I heard the SOPUS rebates come surely & quickly now. Too bad, for I'll never go back to Pennzoil or Remington ammo, which has a terrible rebate program also.

Valvoline Rocks!..... any flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back